Question

"Live chat" is a myth right?

I get no live chat button on https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat  no matter what browser (Chrome, Edge, Safari), no matter what device (Android phones, desktop PCs, laptops), no matter if I’m logged in or not, no mater if I reset/clear cookies, etc.

"Live chat" is a myth right?

So, the only way to complain that IDMObile ‘upgraded’ (increased charge) of my first SIM to pay, when in fact I ordered a second SIM is to leave a message on that phone number or write by post?

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

I've had trouble trying to get something sorted and they couldn't help

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

It took a few seconds but it loads for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@k1s and @Deborah savage 

If you still require assistance please let us know here and we will be happy to help you out here.

Kash

Well, it's like I said: IDMobile ‘upgraded’ (increased charge) of my first SIM, when in fact I ordered a second SIM. I wasn't upgrading anything, merely anything a second

So @Kash  how do I get ID Mobile not to overcharge me?  

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you upgraded your existing account instead of ordering a new one then you will need to cancel the upgrade and place a new order. If live chat isn't working for you then sent a DM via Facebook or Twitter to iD Mobile and ask them to cancel your upgrade.

@WelshPaul like I said above, I didn't upgrade.

I had one SIM at £8 per month and bought another at £10 per month. IDMobile confirmed the new SIM contract by email and then sent another email saying congratulations for upgrading the one at £8 per month to £10 per month (which once again for clarity: I didn't do).

If they'd be like a normal company and actually have some way to contact them that isn't the mythical/unobtainable  " live chat", I'd be able to find out why they acted that way and get it corrected, but as it is, I was hoping @Kash here (who's apparently an employee?) would sort it out as volunteered.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Support via the community is a lot slower. You have a limited amount of time to cancel under the cooling off period, reaching out via one of their social media accounts will get this resolved a lot faster. 

I'm not on social media. Why wouldn't the company just have an email address or telephone number for customer service?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

OK, fair enough. You might be waiting a couple of days or so before a member of the iD Mobile community team gets back in contact with you. 

FYI - The reason there is no telephone support is to keep running costs as low as possible, and thus us customers get lower monthly plans as a result. It’s the main reason iD Mobile, SMARTY, Voxi and Giff Gaff are able to offer such low plans compared to the main networks.

I guess another reason they can keep prices low is by overcharging customers when they make mistakes that the customer can’t get corrected because they’re unreachable 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I guess another reason they can keep prices low is by overcharging customers when they make mistakes that the customer can’t get corrected because they’re unreachable 

Okay @k1s, I recommend getting in-touch with iD customer service about your iD account by:

1. Using facebook (using Messenger)
  2. Or, on Twitter (by Direct Message - DM) 
  3. Or the online chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat (the iD agents aren’t 24/7, they work until 8pm weekdays - type “talk to a person” to avoid the bot during support hours)

I’ve never had problem contacting iD Mobile using one of the above options - anyway, good luck @k1s

@andewhite That’s good for you, but I guess you didn’t read: chat hasn’t worked for me - button doesn't’ appear on any device, despite clearing cache, etc. and I’m not on FB or Twitter and not about to just for the sake of IDmobile.

Anyway, 

Perhaps somebody can tell me if it’s possible to have 2 SIMs on one account?

(When I tried to buy a second SIM and was then prompted to log in to my account, it looks like it changed the order from new SIM to upgrade old SIM)

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

@andewhite That’s good for you, but I guess you didn’t read: chat hasn’t worked for me - button doesn't’ appear on any device, despite clearing cache, etc. and I’m not on FB or Twitter and not about to just for the sake of IDmobile.

Anyway, 

Perhaps somebody can tell me if it’s possible to have 2 SIMs on one account?

(When I tried to buy a second SIM and was then prompted to log in to my account, it looks like it changed the order from new SIM to upgrade old SIM)

Okay @k1s, iD Mobile have a limit of one SIM card per iD account - not possible to have two SIM cards (i.e. 2 contracts) in the same iD account.

Each iD account registered for, must use a unique email address (account username).

Chat may not work if you’re blocking popup windows, or running anti-malware applications on your laptop or desktop computer. If you allow “liveperson.net” the chat may work.

Also, chat doesn’t work if you’ve signed-in to the iD Community using “Remember Me” option, and then try using chat in the same browser - this issue affects phones, tablets, laptops, desktops et cetera.

Anyway, good luck @k1s

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @k1s 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?