Question

Number porting not fully worked

i had the text yesterday to say the switch to iD had happened and I’ve switched on and off several times but when I text it still says the original iD mobile number unless the text goes via WiFi

15 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried a NETWORK RESET on your handset with the iD SIM card, @Joolzh13

Doing so often fixes this issue.
Your handset user guide should explain the steps needed for a network reset.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Joolzh13 

Are you on an iPhone or Android?

I’d recommend the above from @andewhite to perform a network settings reset.

For iPhone;

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

For Android;

Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

Resetting network settings will NOT reset any personal data (Photos, Videos, Contacts etc) only network settings.

Tom

Hi,

Thanks for the responses

the network reset has not worked.  I still cannot send text messages outside of WiFi

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi,

Thanks for the responses

the network reset has not worked.  I still cannot send text messages outside of WiFi

What error message is shown when you SMS using the mobile network, @Joolzh13?

@andewhite 

Message send failure
when i go into messages the message has and exclamation mark with Not delivered in red underneath

Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe your SIM card has been damaged, or is faulty, @Joolzh13 - perhaps it’s worth getting a replacement iD SIM card.

@andewhite  I am not technical but everything else is working so I why would the sim only be damaged for text messages?  the work on WiFi

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Joolzh13, a malfunctioning SIM can cause strange behaviours, where some things work, and some don’t.

It’s not possible to send an SMS from a mobile phone using Wi-Fi.

• What does “work on Wi-Fi” mean? 
  • What make and model handset are you using?

@andewhite on iPhones texts can via WiFi 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

@andewhite on iPhones texts can via WiFi 

No @Joolzh13, the iPhone will send an Apple iMessage using Wi-Fi - mobile phones, including iPhones cannot send an SMS text message using Wi-Fi.

The Apple iMessage service is a proprietary system, for sending messages between Apple devices.
You can’t send iMessages to an Android handset. 

@andewhite 
I have text an android phone and seen it arrive but on my phone it says not delivered!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you checked the Settings > Phone > My Number option on your iPhone, @Joolzh13

@andewhite 

Thanks it has the iD mobile sim number not the one I ported from Vodafone but I can’t change it as it’s greyed out 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Joolzh13, if you’re not able to edit the value in the Settings > Phone > My Number option, and have already done a NETWORK RESET, you could try one more thing, ideally perhaps overnight.

1. Turn OFF your iPhone.
  2. Remove the iD SIM card.
  3. Wait for at least 60-minutes.
  4. Insert the iD SIM card in your iPhone.
  5. Restart your iPhone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Joolzh13,

We hope that you managed to get this resolved.

If you still require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?