Solved

Old number has not transferred over

• 24 April 2024
  • 4 replies

So i have decided to move over to iD with a new contract but I wanted to keep my old Vodafone number.

When purchasing the new contract I was told the porting will take place 23.4.24.

At around mid-day of the 23rd both my old vodafone sim and new iD sim have stopped working, it is now the afternoon of the 24th and my new sim is still not working.

Is this normal? I have never had this process take so long.

icon

Best answer by Lauren 27 April 2024, 11:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Murat Simsek, has the ‘new’ iD SIM card worked at any point since you received it?

If your old provider’s SIM card has stopped working, it’s likely your switch happened - your iD account should show the number you wanted to keep, if switch was successful.

Hi @andewhite 

I only put the iD sim into my phone once the old vodafone stopped working so actually not sure if it ever worked.

I’ve tried logging into my iD account off the app but it wants me to enter a passcode which i cant receive because i have no cellular reception 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like your iD SIM card is faulty, or hasn’t been activated, @Murat Simsek. 

You might need a replacement SIM card.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Murat Simsek, @andewhite is correct here. This sounds like a faulty SIM, you may need a replacement.

If you’d like us to set this up, just let us know here and we’d be happy to send you a PM.

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?