Question

pay monthly contract ended trying to upgrade to sim only

• 10 June 2022
  • 5 replies

My contract ended on 4th of may but I’m still getting billed for the handset I’ve already paid off now. I just bought the sim only £8 deal-20gb unlimited calls and texts. Nothing has said my old contract of £41.52 will stop being charged? 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

When and how did you upgrade?

You’d need to be signed-in to your iD My Account online or using the iD app.

Seems that changing or upgrading your plan using the app doesn’t work properly sometimes.

I think iD Mobile are quite sneaky with their handset contracts, because it’s down to the customer to realise their handset has been paid off, and then proactively change or upgrade in order to avoid paying for a handset they already paid in-full for.

It was only today I upgraded from my id mobile app but I just realised nothing mentioned my old contract. I clicked upgrade to sim only plan 

Userlevel 1

if you do upgrade on your account to sim deal it will transfer to sim deal after 48hrs as mine did may take longer but will update

i was worried at first but did update

Yes I did do it on my account. Thank you for your help  

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Depending on when you upgraded your next bill might look a bit odd.

The “Understanding your iD Mobile bill” article explains why this can happen, but your new plan should show-up in your iD My Account and the iD app in due course, as it did for @guyharwood.

Why iD Mobile?