Poor phone quality

• 4 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, I am recently experiencing poor phone quality for all calls between my handset and a landline number. People on the other end cant seem to hear me clearly at all and keeps cutting off. I am not sure why this is and this tends to happen even when i have good signals. I have noticed the connection between mobiles are clear without any issue.

Its very frustrating because I have to speak with companies with landline numbers and they cant hear me at all. 

I am currently using Samsung S23 Ultra and I don't believe its an issue with handset.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ash799,

Welcome to the Community!

We would would firstly advise checking the coverage and network status via the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage#coverage-info

If everything seems fine then it may be best to test the SIM in a different device as it may be a handset issue.

Should you have the same issue after trying it in a different handset, we can look at trying a replacement SIM.

Kash

Hi Thank you for replying. My area has good coverage so I don't think its a network problem and I also tried using a different handset but the problem remained the same. 

I an unsure if new sim would resolve this issue but I am happy to explore this option. 

if the new SIM is having the issue what would be the next step?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Ash799,

We can raise this to our TechTeam and troubleshoot further but just so we can rule this out, what’s the full postcode of the area? We’ll check if there’s any ongoing work in your area.

Can you also test your SIM in a different phone and a different network SIM in your phone just to rule this out also

Mohammed

My poscode is M12 4WG and the signal is very weak when I'm inside, which wasn't the case when I first purchased SIM. 

As mentioned previously the problem remained the same when I tested on a different handset

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ash799 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?