Solved

Problem transferring my old phone number across

Userlevel 1

Hi, I have just moved to iD mobile and provided a PAC code from my previous contractor. However, this hasn’t transferred over and my phone is still linked to the incorrect new number.

Please advise 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 10 August 2023, 14:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @livkfilak, was your number scheduled for transfer to iD Mobile today? - i.e. 8th August ‘23.

Userlevel 1

Yes, I moved contracts yesterday 

Userlevel 1

Do you require the PAC code?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The PAC code is SKY?????? if that helps

Please remove the PAC from your post @livkfilak - this is a public forum, which anybody with Internet access can read.

Bad actors and scammers are known to look in this public forum for user details.

Userlevel 1

Sorry, updated.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @livkfilak, it’s not clear the actual date your number transfer was due to happen. 
What was date & time of submission of the PAC from Sky Mobile, to iD Mobile?

Userlevel 1

I set it up online on Friday afternoon at 1:30, and got a confirmation email from yourselves at 7:47 on Saturday morning.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, thanks @livkfilak

Your number transfer should have been completed by 10pm on 7th August, in this case.

• Can you receive calls and texts to the number that was transferred to iD Mobile? 
  • Can you make calls and send texts from your handset with the iD SIM card?
  • Is your old Sky Mobile SIM card still active?

Userlevel 1

No I can’t receive phones or texts to my old number, it is still showing as a new number.

I can make phone calls and texts still from the new phone 

No it’s not still active, I’ve had confirmation the contract has been cancelled

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, it seems your number transfer might not have been completed properly @livkfilak
Forum members can’t look at anybody’s iD account, which may be required in this case.

In addition, this forum isn’t live chat and iD staff have posted elsewhere in this forum that their replies to user posts could take 72-hours. 

You can talk to iD customer service using Facebook Messenger, Twitter (X) DM, or online iD live chat. The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Meanwhile, it could be worthwhile trying a NETWORK RESET on your handset @livkfilak
The handset user guide should explain how to do this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @livkfilak 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Hello, 

I have had this same issue. I used the PAC provided by my old SIM to switch to my old number but I was given a new number by iD Mobile. When I call people it is my old phone number, but they can’t connect when they call me and I can’t create an iD Mobile account with my old number because it only recognises my new number. I did manage to find my switch over date but the date of 32 nd of October doesn't exist... How can I fix this problem? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Michaela Buerdsell,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?