Solved

S22 Upgrade - Minimum Trade In Value

Userlevel 1

I’ve recently upgrade from a Samsung S7 Edge with ID Mobile to an S22.  ID mobile had a big offers section stating minimum trade in of £150 for you old phone in any condition.

However, in the Order Confirmation email received from ID Mobile, the trade in value is estimated at only £40, so now panicking that I’m only going to get £40 and not the £150 minimum I was expecting.

Anyone else have any experience of this and know whether they do honour the minimum or you end up getting a reduced amount?

Cheers

icon

Best answer by Tom 29 August 2022, 15:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@BBowman123,

Did you receive a response from the trade-in team?

Please let us know here and we send you a PM if you didn’t get an update.

Kash

Userlevel 1

For anyone with an interest in this thread who may be concerned about their own trade-in payment, please note that I’ve finally received my full promotional trade-in value paid by Carphone Warehouse.

Thanks to @Mohammed of the ID Support Team for finally getting the process moving.

It has to be said that ID Mobile, Carphone Warehouse and Curry between them, although owned by the same parent company, do themselves no favours during this whole process.

However, rest assured, once you get Mohammed on your side, you will get your money.

Good luck everyone

Thanks for your feedback @Fleetwood  and for confirming your receipt of this.

Sadly this will just be down to a high number of trade-ins being received but we are working to raise any flagged to us here.

I believe @StrawberryNurse  @HBowry  and @Hetty  were resolved also and should be received soon.

Mohammed

Hi @Mohammed I upgraded to a s21 fe 5g on the 26th of September with the same promotion for £150 trade-in. I have been unable to find a way to redeem this offer, the offer just disappeared from your website. I have made multiple live chats as well as a phone conversation about it to id mobile and nobody seems to be able to find it or find anyone who knows about it. It's as if I'm making it up, which I certainly am not. The big reason I chose this phone over a Google pixel 6a was because of this promotion. I looked at the terms and conditions to make sure it wasn't about to expire and I would be able to avail of it and everything appeared fine. That is until I actually submitted my order. I have made a complaint, which was supposed to be sent to head office, and received a letter saying my complaint has not been held up! No explanation as to why. This company is infuriating. 

HI. I can confirm i have now received payment of £145 from Carphone Warehouse.

Thank you for your help @Mohammed. Much appreciated.

I am having the same issue as everyone else here. I've spoken to ID customer services online and via the phone who "can't help with this" I raised a complaint and the resolution was to contact the support team at Currys. After two weeks I am still waiting for a reply!

@Mohammed please can you try and assist? 

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @BBowman123,

Sorry to hear that you’ve not had your trade-in yet.

We’ll need to raise this to the Trade-in Team at Carphone warehouse.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?