Solved

sim card hasn’t activated after 24 hours

• 16 March 2023
  • 9 replies

I upgraded to a new phone and my SIM card still hasn’t updated and I can’t use my number and I don’t have service so I can’t even use mobile data. How do I fix it?

icon

Best answer by Bethan_rose 20 March 2023, 22:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

How many iD SIM cards have you got @Bethan_rose?

Have you got the iD SIM card used in your ‘old’ phone?
If your ‘old’ iD SIM card fits in your new phone, it should work when used in your ‘new’ phone.

That’s the one I’m using but it wasn’t working in my old phone either 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Probably a broken or damaged SIM it that case.
Order a replacement SIM online, or pick-up a replacement SIM from any Currys store.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Bethan_rose,

If you still require assistance, please let us know here and we will get back to you.

Kash

My problem has been fixed 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Bethan_rose,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Hi, I have the sam problem as Bethan, can you assist please?

Sim card is showing no network, I have followed the instructions on the sim card leaftlet which states to activate the sim. However it needs to send a activation code to my telephone number but I cant receive it as I have no service?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi, I have the sam problem as Bethan, can you assist please?

Sim card is showing no network, I have followed the instructions on the sim card leaftlet which states to activate the sim. However it needs to send a activation code to my telephone number but I cant receive it as I have no service?

You’ve probably got a broken or damaged SIM.
Order a replacement SIM online, or pick-up a replacement SIM from any Currys store.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Tyrusgeorgijev 

Have you managed to sort this out?

Have you registered an iD Mobile app/website account before? If not we may need to activate the SIM manually, please let us know if you still need assistance here so we can reach out.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?