Question

sim card stopped working

• 12 April 2022
  • 3 replies

I was using my phone as usual and my SIM card has just stopped working and it’s not the phone as I have tried my mothers SIM card in it and it works. I’ve tried everything possible like updating my phone and all of that but it is still not working.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Lacey Wigglesworth,

It’s quite unusual for a SIM to suddenly stop working.

Is your Mum’s SIM card also from iD Mobile?

If not, you should check the network status in your area - there might be a service disruption affecting your signal.

Good luck.

Hello @Lacey Wigglesworth,

It’s quite unusual for a SIM to suddenly stop working.

Is your Mum’s SIM card also from iD Mobile?

If not, you should check the network status in your area - there might be a service disruption affecting your signal.

Good luck.

Hi my mums SIM card is not from ID mobile and I can’t check the network status is there anything else I could do 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Lacey Wigglesworth, can you use your Mum’s phone or her SIM in your phone to check the network status?

For a replacement SIM, I suggest the “How do I get a replacement SIM card?” community article.

If you get a replacement SIM from a Currys/Carphone Warehouse store you may be charged.

Once you’ve got a replacement SIM, you'll need to activate it using the iD live chat service. Just tell the agent you’d like to process a SIM swap.

Anyway, good luck.

Why iD Mobile?