Question

Sim only buying monthly…

• 7 December 2022
  • 5 replies

My 24 month contract ended and I bought a one time month sim deal just to see how I get on with the data usage.I’m happy with it and I wanted to buy more for the next month but when I wanted to look at the available sim plans my ID says there’s no plans and no upgrades and it won’t let me look at anything. This sim ends on the 20th of December so only 13 days, when can I buy another sim only plan without getting charged any stupid amounts?…

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like you need the flexibility of a PAYG SIM card, which you can top-up whenever you like.

Your new one-monthly rolling SIM only plan can’t be changed or upgraded for a few months but you could buy a data add-on if you need more data.

Good luck @Marta Andres

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Marta Andres 

@andewhite could be right in that a Pay As You Go SIM card might be the right way to go, however if you’d prefer to take a look at monthly SIM only deals I’d recommend taking a look at upgrades or plan changes once you’ve finished the minimum term of your current contracted term.

Tom

Sounds like you need the flexibility of a PAYG SIM card, which you can top-up whenever you like.

Your new one-monthly rolling SIM only plan can’t be changed or upgraded for a few months but you could buy a data add-on if you need more data.

Good luck @Marta Andres

How do I do this? I have finished the minimum term, I paid my phone off over two years and just bought a 1 month sim plan so why would it keep rolling?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It’ll renew automatically each month until you cancel your plan. This is iD’s rolling 1-month contract, which doesn’t tie you in for an extended period of time.

The following forum FAQ article explains how to cancel your plan:

How do I cancel my iD Mobile contract?

Good luck @Marta Andres

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Good luck @Marta Andres

How do I do this? I have finished the minimum term, I paid my phone off over two years and just bought a 1 month sim plan so why would it keep rolling?

Hey @Marta Andres,

Did you purchase a second contract for a SIM only plan alongside your existing phone contract?

You may have just been able to upgrade the handset contract that was ending to a SIM only plan.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?