Solved

Sim Upgrade

• 2 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello

I have just chosen to change my sim only plan and think I am going to be sent a new sim card. I assumed the upgrade would change pretty much straight away and was not expecting a new sim. My question is when will my new plan start? Will it only start when I insert the new sim? If this is the case can I cancel the order for the new sim? I made the change through the mobile app but looking at my laptop I think I may be able to change my plan by simply clicking on the upgrade button? Grateful for any advice please.

Thank you!

Angela

icon

Best answer by andewhite 5 April 2022, 11:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Angela1311,

I don’t think you get a new SIM if you change your iD airtime plan.

The option to upgrade normally means getting a new handset. If you get a new handset you also get a new SIM card because your old SIM may not fit your new handset.

The option to change plan is a way of adjusting your airtime plan as required. There’s more about this in the “How do I change my plan?” community article.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Hi @andewhite 

I think you are right as my upgrade has taken place and so far I have not received a new Sim card!

Thank you for taking the time to answer my query.

Angela.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Mike Jones,

If you are having issues with registering/logging in I would advise getting in touch with the team via Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter.

We can check what the issue is and hopefully resolve it as quickly as possible.

Regards,

Kashif

Why iD Mobile?