Solved

Two accounts being charged after upgrading

I am being billed twice a month after upgrading my account. You have started a new account instead of upgrading my existing account. I need to keep my old number, so I can't just cancel my old account, as I will lose my number that I want to keep.. MyMy old account no. is [REDACTED]. My new order complete email from id is dated 2June and has order ref. [REDACTED].

Regards Graham 

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 27 June 2023, 12:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You haven’t upgraded, you have purchased a whole new plan. One cannot move their old iD Mobile number over to a new iD Mobile account. If you want to keep your old number, cancel the new plan under any cooling off period and upgrade your existing account.

Thanks for the reply. As I just received a new phone with my new account, canceling it would give a problem, I guess, like being disconnected. 

Think I need id to reply and switch my number to the new account.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

iD Mobile will not switch your old iD Mobile number over to a new iD Mobile account. A work around would be to port the old number out to a different network and then port it back to the new iD Mobile account, but doing so will result in you losing access to your existing online account and you won’t be able to use the  email address from your old iD Mobile account with the new one.

Link 1 Link 2 Link 3

Thanks. Both those links were useful. Once ID reply to this, if they refuse a number switch, then I'll do as you suggest and cancel the new contract, but it means returning this new phone etc. and taking out a new contract. A lot of hassle. 

Regards Graham 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @GrahamJW 

We in this case may need to cancel the new plan and instead process an upgrade on the desired account.

We’ll PM you further about this.

Tom

Thanks for your reply. The new contract was taken out on 2 June so I only have 3-4 days left to cancel it and return this new phone to you.

So please can you move on this and tell me how to proceed as soon as possible, before I run out of the free cancel and return period. 

Thanks Graham

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This forum is the slowest way of dealing with iD Mobile @GrahamJW.

Did you get a private message from @Tom
If you’re lucky, iD will respond to your post today, but possibly not to your reply to their response.

I’d recommend iD’s online live chat to expedite the return of your order, within the cooling off period.

Online customer service work until 8pm on weekdays. 

Thanks for your reply. The new contract was taken out on 2 June so I only have 3-4 days left to cancel it and return this new phone to you.

So please can you move on this and tell me how to proceed as soon as possible, before I run out of the free cancel and return period. 

Thanks Graham

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Read the link provided by @andewhite above and follow the instructions on how to cancel under said cooling off period. If you miss the return window, you’re stuck with it! Posting on a public forum isn’t an acceptable notice of cancellation, you have to abide by the terms of the contract. 

Try to moderate your aggression.

Tom from ID replied to me  yesterday but hasn't followed up yet with his PM. I'm just asking him to speed up and this is the only thread to continue the dialogue. Hopefully the ID staff will respond here today or I'll get a PM.  

​​​​​​I don't need reminders from you or others about the terms of the contract, thank you. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Try to moderate your aggression.

Tom from ID replied to me  yesterday but hasn't followed up yet with his PM. I'm just asking him to speed up and this is the only thread to continue the dialogue. Hopefully the ID staff will respond here today or I'll get a PM.  

​​​​​​I don't need reminders from you or others about the terms of the contract, thank you. 

Unfortunately, the iD community is not a real-time communications channel @GrahamJW.
Staff from iD only reply to a user’s post/s once-a-day, though often less frequently.
The forum private messaging route is even slower - it may take days, weeks, even months to sort things out by exchanging private messages in this forum with iD personnel. 

I mention this because you’ve posted there’s only 3-4 days left before your cooling off period expires.

Thanks for that.

I've been trying to load the live chat on both my Google Pixel phone and Apple laptop. The live chat page is a available but no button, or click thru, despite changing settings.

So I'm pretty well stuck with this. When I tried to cancel this contract online, the link referred me back to live chat, in order to cancel. 😄

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Thanks for that.

I've been trying to load the live chat on both my Google Pixel phone and Apple laptop. The live chat page is a available but no button, or click thru, despite changing settings.

So I'm pretty well stuck with this. When I tried to cancel this contract online, the link referred me back to live chat, in order to cancel. 😄

Apple user here… Takes a few seconds but the live chat button loads for me. If you have any adblock extensions or software installed, then this can cause issues with live chat loading.

Maybe consider taking the phone to a local Curry’s store? They will be able to process the return for you there and then and minimise any issues that may arise from returning the handset via mail or courier. If you do miss the return window, you can always do a triangular port as mentioned above. Good luck 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @GrahamJW 

We’ve responded to your private message.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?