Solved

Two contracts/ numbers on the same account

Userlevel 1

In February 2020, we took out two SIM only plans, for our two phones. Although they are two contracts/ two numbers/ are invoiced separately, there is just ONE iD account, which is for my phone number.

We wish to upgrade BOTH accounts/ numbers, but the account only gives me access to upgrade mine.

How do we access the details for my wife’s contract/ number, so we can upgrade that as well?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 24 August 2022, 12:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @richard4rdjconsultants,

You can register your other account at the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-support/manage-your-account/registration

From here you should be able to see the upgrade options.

Kash

Userlevel 1

It didn’t work!

We went to the register page; entered my wife’s phone number; Last name and year of birth and it said: “Oops, the details you’ve entered are incorrect”

As we were registering not logging in, and all the details were correct, what do we do instead?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You’ll need to sort this out using the iD Mobile Live Chat service, and speak to an iD customer service agent - type ‘talk to a person’ once you get connected on chat.

Or you can contact iD Mobile privately using their facebook page or Twitter page.

Normally iD will only speak to the account holder - it’s not clear if the unregistered account is your’s or your wife’s.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’ve got a hyphen in your surname, omit the hyphen when entering the name of the account holder.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

In addition, with iD Mobile you’re (currently) restricted to one mobile number per iD My Account.

If you want multiple mobile numbers in one account, you’ll need to use a different service provider.

Userlevel 1

i am trying to register my phone which is on my husband’s account.  When I try I just get the same message” oops the details you entered are incorrect”. My husband gets the the bill for my phone with his but I want to upgrade the service on my phone which I can’t do unless I register it. So I am going round in a circle.HELP

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like your husband has already registered an iD My Account for you, if he is getting the bills for your iD mobile number.

Userlevel 1

Yes, there is one account, but we cannot get any access to the second number, in order to upgrade the service on my phone

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @richard4rdjconsultants,

In order to manage an iD plan online, you must first register for an iD My Account online at https://my.idmobile.co.uk.

Click the “Register” tab to start the process.

Unfortunately, iD Mobile’s systems only allow ONE mobile number per registered plan. This means that the mobile phone owner, must setup there own iD My Account by registering online.

Once you’ve registered your own plan, you can use your own iD My Account online to upgrade.

Otherwise, you can also upgrade in-store at Currys or Carphone Warehouse, but do make sure you get an UPGRADE to your existing plan, and not another (new) plan with iD.

The “Pay monthly upgrades: Everything you need to know” community FAQ has all the details about how to upgrade your iD plan. 

I hope this makes sense - anyway good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for all your advice. The system really doesn’t work does it! I think my wife will cancel her contract/ take out a new contract/ port her number

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Indeed @richard4rdjconsultants, there are issues on occasions, especially when the iD Mobile systems and customer service don’t match / meet customers’ expectations.

I guess that’s why some customers choose to leave.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @richard4rdjconsultants 

It sounds like you might be using the same email address to login/register as an already existing iD Mobile plan and as @andewhite says you can only have one plan per registered iD Mobile App account.

So if you have another plan with us you’ll need to register another iD Mobile App account with a different email address/username than has been used before.

Tom

Userlevel 1

We have been going round and round this problem for four months now. Nothing works.

It isn’t “another plan” it is the same plan, taken out with iD mobile, you might say “you can only have one plan per registered iD Mobile App account”, but that is not what happened!

Why cannot someone from iD just do the simple thing = get in touch and SORT IT OUT!!

My original message was:

“In February 2020, we took out two SIM only plans, for our two phones. Although they are two contracts/ two numbers/ are invoiced separately, there is just ONE iD account, which is for my phone number.

We wish to upgrade BOTH accounts/ numbers, but the account only gives me access to upgrade mine.

How do we access the details for my wife’s contract/ number, so we can upgrade that as well?”

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

We have been going round and round this problem for four months now. Nothing works.

It isn’t “another plan” it is the same plan, taken out with iD mobile, you might say “you can only have one plan per registered iD Mobile App account”, but that is not what happened!

Why cannot someone from iD just do the simple thing = get in touch and SORT IT OUT!!

My original message was:

“In February 2020, we took out two SIM only plans, for our two phones. Although they are two contracts/ two numbers/ are invoiced separately, there is just ONE iD account, which is for my phone number.

How do we access the details for my wife’s contract/ number, so we can upgrade that as well?”

After two years, I’d be inclined to text PAC to 65075 and move the numbers to another mobile provider.

You should try sending a private message about the two accounts to the iD social media team using facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message).

This’ll be quicker than trying to get it sorted through the iD Community - anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi Tom, 
Finally after four months, someone told us we could communicate with iD Mobile on Facebook message. 
We did that, and everything was sorted very promptly, thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Glad to hear that! Let us know either here or there or the Live Chat if you need anything else!

Tom

Why iD Mobile?