Question

ugraded, bith sims are activated and i dint know what to do

• 15 November 2022
  • 9 replies

I recently upgraded after a notification I could upgrade.

I've upgraded for a new phone and a new plan. However both sims are activated and my id app has not changed, it still says I'm on the same plan with the same number and now it says I've got to pay for the two sims.

I also changed my information with the new sim to all my infirmation as it was under my mums name as she sorted my account when I was younger but all other details are mine on the account including emails and payment.

I need the old sim cancelled and need to keep the new number. My id app is still showing my old plan and still said I'm due for an upgrade but I've already upgraded. Please help.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Jody Rabbitts, it sounds like you’ve bought a second iD plan instead of upgrading your original plan.

You would’ve needed to be signed-in to your iD My Account online (or iD app) to upgrade to ‘new’ phone contract.

Good luck @Jody Rabbitts.

I have tried this but my id app said I'm still on my old plan is there zomeonw I can speak to on the phone as I have tried everything .

Can I cancel my other mobile monthly pan and keep my older sim if thus will be easier for you but keep the phone 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD Mobile don’t have any telephone support @Jody Rabbitts

Your best options for help are:

The iD staff work 9am - 8pm weekdays, and 9am - 6pm at weekends.

Ive tried to access the live chat but it says this.

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 13404291767803663608

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah @Jody Rabbitts, if you don’t sign-out of the iD Community before going to live chat that happens. Not sure why iD haven’t fixed this problem but, they often seem short staffed.

Just make sure you logout of your iD Community account before you live chat.

Good luck @Jody Rabbitts 

🍀 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Ive tried to access the live chat but it says this.

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 13404291767803663608

Hey @Jody Rabbitts,

I’ve found that clearing cookies or accessing via private browsing/incognito fixes this.

Mohammed

Hiya, i went over to the messenger app, no help at all. They said I need to cancel my new sim and return the phone which I can't do, they can't even cancel my old sim

So now I'm paying for 2 sims until the old one runs out. Thanks for all your help 🤣Some feedback so this doesn't happen to anyone else (which it has) is put an advert when your due for an upgrade to tell them to not change your plan only the mobile. 

Wish me luck, trying to afford both hahah

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Jody Rabbitts,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?