Question

unable to register account

• 3 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello

i am unable to register my account and therefore get access to the app.

I have been a member before which might be confusing the system.

please can you reset my account and allow me to create a new account for my new sim

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’ve created an iD account before @mb-king, it seems iD can’t/won’t delete your old account. 

To register for another iD online account, to use with your new connection, you must use a different username (email address) for the new account. 

Got a screenshot of error message/s you’re getting trying to create a new account?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @mb-king are you using an email address you may have used for a previous iD account? If so, you will need to use a different email address.

If you have any other queries, please let us know.

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I have the same problem. It seems that I can neither delete/modify the old iD account, since I can’t access it any longer (but why not?), nor register from scratch my new iD SIM card with the same email. 

But I don’t want to create a new email account just for this!

It’s truly idiotic, I can’t believe there is no solution? Surely iD can delete the old/unused account?

Any advice very welcome.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello,

I have the same problem. It seems that I can neither delete/modify the old iD account, since I can’t access it any longer (but why not?), nor register from scratch my new iD SIM card with the same email. 

It’s truly idiotic, I can’t believe there is no solution? Surely iD can delete the old/unused account?

Any advice very welcome.

Unfortunately this seems to be a limitation of the IT systems used by iD, @gs1956_2000

Each network connection has its own iD account, which requires a unique username (email address). Apparently old accounts cannot be deleted or have their username changed. 

If you have a Gmail account, then you can easily create aliases for the mailbox. If not, you’ll need another email address for your latest iD network connection.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello,

Any advice very welcome.

Hi @gs1956_2000. @andewhite is correct here. The reason for this is due to system limitations. We’re currently not able to delete the username associated with any old account. For now, a new email address will need to be registered. 

However, we are aware that this is a pain point for customers, so we’re looking at releasing an updated version of the app later this year that should tackle the issue.

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?