Solved

voicemail no longer working after shortening ring time

Show first post

31 replies

I changed the length of time before going to voicemail from 30 to 20 secs.  Now if it rings for that time the caller gets a message to say the number is not available.  If I dismiss the call before 20 secs it goes to voicemail correctly.  Live Chat were worse than useless, all I got was a link to set my voicemail up and a repeat of the same link when I told them it was already set up.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @EllaF,

Could you advise the specifics of the problems you’re facing? What trouble shooting did you attempt through Livechat?

Will

Hi @fauvehound .  Did you get your issue resolved?  I have the same problem and have got nowhere with Live Chat.  Could @Kevin PM me as well please?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @fauvehound 

We’ll send you a private message here now to take a few further details and have our Tech Team look at this for us.  If you could respond there, we’ll get this sorted.

When someone calls and the phone is not answered, it rings for twenty seconds and then a message says number not recognised and cuts the line off. 

When receiving a call, your mobile is automatically set to ring for 30 seconds before it's diverted voicemail. However you have the ability to change this at any time to a choice of five-second intervals, ranging from 5 to 30 seconds. All you need to do is enter **61*123** followed by the number of seconds you'd like your phone to ring for, then # and call. So, if for example, you'd like your phone to ring for 20 seconds, you'd need to dial **61*123**20# and press call. Once you've done this, a message will pop up on your screen confirming the update.

These are the instructions I followed as did the staff in the store, I have also tried turning vm off for 24hrs and back on - no joy

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @fauvehound,

How do you mean it doesn’t work? Aren’t you receiving them, or are you not being notified of them? More details the better.

Will

Why iD Mobile?