Solved

Missed payments of £2 on my credit file - how do I remove it?

Hi 

i got £2 missed payment on my credit file. I cancelled my account in March and ID cancelled my access to app and didn’t send me final bill or outstanding bill or anything and all of of sudden in June I notice 3 missed payments report on my credit score . I have paid £2 now but my mortgage application has been refused now. This is so bad. They didn’t send me any bill or anything and without notification put missed payments on my credit score.how do I remove it now 

icon

Best answer by Rory 31 October 2020, 11:30

Hi @Nickip11, if you missed a payment, we wouldn’t be able to remove this from your credit file as we have a legal obligation to accurately record this. We offer a Direct Debit service to ensure payments are taken automatically; if you choose not to use this, then any payments would need to be made manually on your side.

Thank you,

Rory

View original

12 replies

i got £2 missed payment on my credit file. I cancelled my account in March and ID cancelled my access to app and didn’t send me final bill or outstanding bill or anything and all of of sudden in June I notice 3 missed payments report on my credit score . I have paid £2 now but my mortgage application has been refused now. This is so bad. I really want to remove that from my credit file. This is unacce

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi there @szam99 

At this point we wouldn’t be able to remove it under the basis of you not having paid it, as it would be your own responsibility to check if any final bill was owed after disconnecting.

You’d have had access to your bills and account history as normal through the iD Mobile App or our website for up to 6 months after disconnecting.

You may be able to speak to whichever company took on any outstanding debt to question the efforts they took to notify you of the outstanding balance, though whether they can help further at all would be down to them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @szam99,

I have moved 3 of your posts onto this one thread so that we can keep your query in one place.

Regards,
Ryan

i got £2 missed payment on my credit file. I cancelled my account in March and ID cancelled my access to app and didn’t send me final bill or outstanding bill or anything and all of of sudden in June I notice 3 missed payments report on my credit score . I have paid £2 now but my mortgage application has been refused now. This is so bad. I really want to remove that from my credit file. This is unacce

Exactly the same thing has happened to me ID mobile show no empathy for customers what so ever. Even when they fail to send customers appropriate billing information. Was this issue sorted for you ????

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Nickip11, if you missed a payment, we wouldn’t be able to remove this from your credit file as we have a legal obligation to accurately record this. We offer a Direct Debit service to ensure payments are taken automatically; if you choose not to use this, then any payments would need to be made manually on your side.

Thank you,

Rory

Exactly the same thing has happened to me ID mobile show no empathy for customers what so ever. Even when they fail to send customers appropriate billing information. Was this issue sorted for you ????

same with me, had direct debit set up, had final bill, final bill left, cancelled direct debit as advised didn’t have a clue until trying to get a mortgage this month and my credit rating bad, they have my email, mobile number and address and nothing all over 5 pound, still getting no where with it pretty poor and damaging for my family over 5 pound and no attempt to contact me over it!

same with me, had direct debit set up, had final bill, final bill left, cancelled direct debit as advised didn’t have a clue until trying to get a mortgage this month and my credit rating bad, they have my email, mobile number and address and nothing all over 5 pound, still getting no where with it pretty poor and damaging for my family over 5 pound and no attempt to contact me over it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @Pards88,

We’ll send you a PM so we can discuss this further. We’ll need to look at the account, what was advised etc.

But if this was recorded correctly, we cannot remove this.

If due to missadvice, it was incorrectly applied, we can look into this further.

Mohammed

Hi there I have found I have the exact same issue under the same circumstances, I had a direct debit in place, cancelled my account and was given no notice at all of any outstanding or missed payments. 

Only noticing now having seen 3 missed payments on credit report.

I would like some help to dispute this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @Rowboat95,

We’ll PM you so we can look into this further.

Mohammed

I’ve had this exact issue too. I owed £3.19 but had no correspondence to tell me I owed this after I left so how would I know?! It’s incredibly damaging to your credit score and there’s no number to ring to discuss this or anything. So annoying. I need this sorting. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @Lucyalice17,

I’m sorry to hear that.

We’ll send you a PM so we can investigate this further for you.

Mohammed