Solved

Removing a default from my credit file

Show first post

76 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @dino 

If you had let some bills go unpaid for an extended period of time then we’d not be able to remove the default from the account as these would have been added due to the lack of payment.

If you still have an outstanding balance, you would need to pay that to whichever agency that balance is currently with.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Adnaan98 

I can see we have messaged you 4 days ago and have not received any reply back from you?

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Philljm 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Scissorboy 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Shani369,

Which Team was it you spoke to sorry? How was it you communicated with them?

Did they specify a reason they wouldn’t waive the fee?

Will

Userlevel 2

OMG: what have I joined here at ID Mobile!? Bought new phone 5 weeks ago, that's fine (so far). But today tried to get a sim only deal at a paltry £12 a month, received email saying credit check criteria not met!?!? Have a 999 out of 999 credit rating with Experian, earn a £30k wage & considerable savings, luckily have never been out of work for over 30 years. Put a £1000 into savings each month with my wife, now have a negative influencer on my Experian profile under ID Mobile!? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Property perfect,

Thanks. We will remain in contact via PM.

Ryan

Hi,

I have had a similar issue regarding defaulted accounts - can I please get some assistance here?

Thanks,

Lauren

Hi, I haven’t received any letters from any debt agency at all. I want to set up a payment plan but no one is answering at the call centre because it’s closed  I also sent a letter back in May no reply yet.  I want to pay it back, how do I go about doing this? 

i have the same problem, i dont have the details for the previous contract and my credit file says im in default over 200 pounds?? i have changed adress since but need to have this corrected. please help

I have exactly the same issue. I got a Sim only deal for £7 a month, then my current provider gave me a better deal so I cancelled the Sim deal a week later (so we'll we'll  the 14 day cooling off period). I received a bill for £2 and phoned them to say "do I need to pay this? I've already cancelled the contract and have not taken the Sim card out of the packaging" - they told me no, the bill was sent before you cancelled. I've now noticed that it's shown up as two missed payments on my credit report and my score has dropped significantly! We were trying to buy a house and now I've been told I can't get a mortgage... For the sake of £2 that was no fault of my own !!!!!!! How do I escalate this with id ?! Please help. Thanks, Joanne

I have a similar issue, please can someone advise me what to do?

Thanks, Sum

I am also in the same position. My contract was taken out and never used. A debt collection agency contacted me at my new address once and I paid straight away and cancelled the contract. The direct debit kept being taken and I tried countless times to talk to someone but got nowhere then a default was registered for a total debt of £25 that I had been trying to pay for months! I have evidence of myself cancelling the contract but the default is still there. This needs to be removed asap or I will be reporting you to the financial ombudsman 

Hello,

I am also experiencing the same problem. I didn’t miss a single payment but apparently there was an £11 closing fee when the account was closed.

I’m in the process of a mortgage application and other than this (which I was totally unaware of on my credit report until yesterday) my credit is absolutely spotless!

This is literally going to ruin my life - I’ve completed on the sale of my previous house and moved out into temporary accommodation - everything I own is in storage!

I have attempted to escalate this via the chat bot and raised a dispute / notice of correction via the Experian credit agency.

Please, please could someone help me with this? This is absolutely soul destroying. I have never missed a payment on anything in my life!

Kind regards

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Sumz 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

As advised elsewhere @John Henderson, we’ve dropped you a Private message to offer further assistance.

Will

Hi can someone message me too, I took a phone contract out along with a ID mobile one years ago, I then returned the phone within the timescale but was still chased for a balance which I paid but was still defaulted?? I returned the phone this is outrageous

Similar to my situation.I found a default of £1 on my credit file even though I thought I cancelled the contract last year. I cant believe that a default of £1 was recorded by ID mobile on my credit file.Could you please erase this please asap.Thanks

Hello @Andrew_butter,

We are obliged to record credit file’s in accordance with a customers payment history just as any other credit lendor.

We don’t feel this is something ‘silly’ at all.

Can you provide us with some information on why you feel the marks were applied incorrectly to your account?

Mohammed

Actually, it is silly. Especially as you often, as with me, don’t actually provide any credit (mine was an unused pay monthly sim, so no credit lending was ever provided)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @EmilyGolding 

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @CaitlinRubra 

I’m sorry to hear this, the default and late marks would remain but the account will be marked as settled.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Andrew_butter,

We are obliged to record credit file’s in accordance with a customers payment history just as any other credit lendor.

We don’t feel this is something ‘silly’ at all.

Can you provide us with some information on why you feel the marks were applied incorrectly to your account?

Mohammed

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Salis 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

I have exactly the same issue. I got a Sim only deal for £7 a month, then my current provider gave me a better deal so I cancelled the Sim deal a week later (so we'll we'll  the 14 day cooling off period). I received a bill for £2 and phoned them to say "do I need to pay this? I've already cancelled the contract and have not taken the Sim card out of the packaging" - they told me no, the bill was sent before you cancelled. I've now noticed that it's shown up as two missed payments on my credit report and my score has dropped significantly! We were trying to buy a house and now I've been told I can't get a mortgage... For the sake of £2 that was no fault of my own !!!!!!! How do I escalate this with id ?! Please help. Thanks, Joanne

Hi, I also have this issue from a sim that I’ve ordered and then cancelled with you the next day.

Please could someone message me.

many thanks 

Hi Tom,

I am of understanding that it is not viable to issue a default without a notice so I will need to escalate this further as you have not followed procedure.

Why iD Mobile?