Solved

Removing a default from my credit file

Show first post

76 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Sure thing @Callmeback,

We’ll drop you a private message to get more details.

Will

Hi there, I now have a default on my card, because I cancelled my phone contract with ID, however payments were still going on. I cancelled the direct debit after calling ID and telling them that I have cancelled the contract after the 24 months, but I was not aware that payments were still due . Im not happy as this is stopping me from getting an important loan. Is there I way i can get this default removed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @emmykomm,

We’ll also get someone to PM you regarding this.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Aleks Sukic,

I can see that we have responded to you on another post.

Please get back to us there if you require further information.

Kash

iD Mobile

Hello,

I am having a similar problem. A default on my file when I cancelled in a Carphone warehouse store already.

could someone please message me, I paid the balance as soon as I found out.

Kind regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @saihaanh 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

A few years back I got a phone contract for a friend. Sadly last year my friend passed away, i called a few months after this had happened as it was a lot to deal with. I was informed by a member of your staff that i could cancel the direct debit and that everything had been sorted. I have recently been interested in making an investment and noticed that ID mobile has put a load of missed payments and a default on my credit record. I have tried contacting through the chat bot several times to no avail and tried using the ‘make a complaint online’ service only to never speak to anyone helpful. I even paid the outstanding balance as a good will gesture so that your company may accept that this whole situation was down to a miscommunication between myself and a member of your staff. I would like the marks removed from my credit record so i can continue with my investment.

I see i’m not the only one that is having this issue and would like it resolved ASAP!

Hi, im in the exact same boat, totally unaware of a default on an old account, supposedly £16 now escalated to £70 which I've just paid due the fact ive been declined dor a mortgage duecto the default on my credit score that i was totally unaware of, strangest thing is im still with ID mobile with a different number 2 years on from when Ive supposedly defaulted, this has now put a strain on my relationship and family due to stress, can someone please help to get this default removed completely as i believe it was add by mistake

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Adnaan98,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Can someone please look into it for me and message me please?

Hi @dino 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Hi I’m no longer with ID mobile currently.

Can send me detail as to how repay it.

Hi there @szam99 

All iD Mobile accounts would be accessible by the same login details through either the iD Mobile App -or- through our website for at least 6 months after an account is disconnected.

It would always be down to yourself to check if you have any outstanding balance after disconnecting, and we’d never advise anyone to cancel their Direct Debits until the final payment has come out.

If a bill goes unpaid for over a month then the balance would be passed to a collection agency who would attempt to chase you for any outstanding balance at that point.  Generally speaking, they’d send you letters I believe.  It would be worth speaking to whomever it is you had paid the outstanding balance to.

Hi, I’m no longer with ID mobile this is currently.

Can send me detail as to how to repay and removing the default from my credit file?

I didn’t anything like that just default on my credit file.

Can you please contact me re the same issue.

Hi. This is the same problem I’m having. I got a sim only deal and I didn’t need it. I contacted ID Mobile and cancelled it within the cooling off period and I thought that was it. I have then tried to get a mortgage and found out that I owe ID Mobile £32. I assumed it was all sorted when I cancelled but it’s not. I don’t mind paying this to have it all sorted. I would appreciate any help. Thansk

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi  @JohnnyD  @Joanne 

Sorry to hear about this. 

I have sent you both a private message with more information. 

Aklima 

Good morning,

I have had a very similar issue to those above. I purchased a contract in 2019 which i paid £3.99 faultlessly every month for 4 years. I cancelled it at the end of last year as I hadn’t even used/ turned on the phone for a good year or two. I was unaware that payments were still trying to be taken from my account and i didn’t receive anything to say I was missing payments. Only upon applying for a mortgage yesterday had I discovered there is a default on my account of £16. I have now settled this this payment with you.

As for my mortgage as a first time buyer, we have tried with multiple lenders but I am being refused because of this. It’s caused me extreme stress and I do not know where to turn. Please can this be rectified?

Thanks, Caitlin

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @RobWhile 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Userlevel 1

I have had the same issue. I have only today found out a mortgage application is being declined because ID Mobile have placed a default of £10 against my credit rating. When I cancelled the plan i was informed that there was nothing left to pay. 

I was contacted by a debt collection agency months after cancelling the plan. I disputed the debt and provided evidence of ID confirming that there was nothing left to pay. Following this the credit agency confirmed no further action was being taken. 

A year later i am finding out that this has been lodged against my credit rating and is preventing me from buying a home. I have raised a complaint with ID and have been told I have to wait 3 days for someone to get back to me (which means I will potentially loose the house I have put an offer on). I have tried calling ID but there call centers don’t work. I have tried emailing ID and the response time is 5 working days. I cant believe that ID have done this without informing me.

This has been devastating in terms of our ability to get our first home (which should have been a happy occasion).  

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

HI @Property perfect ,

We have popped you a Private Message now if you can please send us some more details?

I have replied

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Adnaan98,

If I recall correctly, we’ve already dealt with this via PM to yourself.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Speaking to the complaints team at ID mobile was useless. They refused to wipe the debt (which in itself was ridiculous) and failed to meet every timescale they set for themselves. I have taken them to the Ombudsman for their unlawful business practices and poor customer service and since then that have offered to wipe the debt / refund the money and apologise. But it took a long time to get there and I had to get a third party involved so they could fix their own incompetences!

I also have a default for an issue that was rectified. Please can someone contact me asap.

I'm in the exact same issue, this is disgusting seeing them destroying so many people's credit scores over something so silly.

Someone needs to message me asap and sort this before I start an official complaint

Why iD Mobile?