Solved

Removing a default from my credit file

Good afternoon,

So I have a problem that I need your help with. It appears that I have a default on my credit file from IDmobile. Its from a sim only 30 day plan that I had over three years ago.

I never used the sim in the end as it was was bought for my business and never needed, I cancelled the DD and thought that was that, I pretty soon realised that it wasn't as simple as that when I received a letter with an outstanding amount, I paid that and thought no more of if…

Fast forward to last month and I’m informed that I can't get the mortgage that I’ve applied for due to my  (what I thought was immaculate) credit score, so I obtained a copy of it and discovered that after I had cleared my account, the monthly charge hadn't been stopped… The problem with that is that I had also moved house in that period and despite having mail redirected, I was not made aware of any outstanding balance. Despite the fact that I have even been using a new ID plan in the meantime.

I have always worked hard to maintain a good credit score, and to think that a £10 monthly sim which leads to an outstanding default amount of £35, and one of which that I was never informed of (you had my email address) is devastating when it has such an effect on a mortgage application.

If you are able to help with this then that would be great,

Thanks,

Johnny

icon

Best answer by Michelle 21 February 2021, 15:32

View original

76 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @CaitlinRubra 

Please could you let us know what procedure we haven’t followed?

We have no information here to your specific case, this is a forum for more generic information, nothing about your account or case specifically.

If you believe the default is incorrect please get in touch so we can check, however reading the above message, it sounds like it’s marked correctly.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?