Solved

iphone imessage activation unsuccessful

• 13 November 2023
  • 38 replies

iMessage activation unsuccessful. Been receiving this message now since porting my sim from EE. Number transferred over on the 9th November but has not resolved the issue. I have toggled iMessage off multiple times, reset network settings multiple times and also updated and restarted my phone multiple times to no prevail. Please point me in the right direction otherwise I will have to cancel my contract as still within the 30 days. 

Many thanks 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 13 November 2023, 22:32

View original

38 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Settings > General > Date & Time - is the Time Zone “London”?

Settings > General > Language & Region - is this set to “United Kingdom”?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you still have no luck try a forced restart of the device. Some have reported this resolved the issue for them.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iph8903c3ee6/ios

Userlevel 1

Hi, yes I’ve tried all of that but still no luck.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Ok, don’t think there is much more you can do other than to try a replacement SIM card. Have you done that?

Userlevel 1

No,but when I went to Curry’s on the weekend they weren’t keen to try that. I could ask them again on the weekend. 
Thanks for your suggestions. 

The only options I guess are to wait and see if it fixes itself like it has for others. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Try removing the SIM and powering down the phone. Then, power it up without the SIM installed and once booted fully insert the SIM. If you still have no joy then go pick up a replacement SIM and give that a go. It worked for others on here! 🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jamie Clarke 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Dafydd Powell 

Our international setting would be on by default, unless this has been changed by the user in the iD Mobile app/website.

Tom

Still having issues, customer service is shocking. Had text stating issue resolved - IT IS NOT FIXED!

Still have outstanding complaint and techniocal tickets open. Trying ti get through to the complaints dept by phone I have atempted 4 times now and each time on hold for over 30 mins without getting to speak with anyone - sadly if they don’t resolve very quickly I will be cancelling my DD and going else where. The whole experience changing supllier to ID has been taxing and challenging, should be a seemless experience porting a number to a new supplier - clearly they have some issues. I know its a SIM issue as everything was fine with my previous supplier!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Still having issues, customer service is shocking. Had text stating issue resolved - IT IS NOT FIXED!

Still have outstanding complaint and technical tickets open. Trying ti get through to the complaints dept by phone I have attempted 4 times now and each time on hold for over 30 mins without getting to speak with anyone - sadly if they don’t resolve very quickly I will be cancelling my DD and going elsewhere. The whole experience changing supplier to ID has been taxing and challenging, should be a seamless experience porting a number to a new supplier - clearly they have some issues. I know its a SIM issue as everything was fine with my previous supplier!

Should you decide to end your iD experience @Jamie Clarke, I’d recommend returning your order in the cooling off period. 

Cancelling the DD doesn’t cancel the iD contract, it merely ends the payment method linked to the iD account, which could result in your iD account falling into arrears. 

If you’ve got a 30-day rolling SIM only contract, then leaving is easy - just get a PAC from iD and choose a new service provider.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jamie Clarke 

I see we’ve PM’d you about this however as you aren’t the account holder we can’t pass security.

Please have the account holder contact us themselves so we can take a look with them.

Tom

Userlevel 1

The following steps might fix this issue @Joe Barlow:

1. Sign-out from Apple ID on your iPhone.
  2. Shutdown / turn OFF your iPhone.
  3. With a browser, sign-in with your Apple ID at https://appleid.apple.com.
  4. Remove your iPhone device from your Apple ID account and sign-out.
  5. Sign-in at https://www.icloud.com and check your iPhone device is not listed.
  6. Turn ON your iPhone, sign-in using your Apple ID (on your iPhone) and re-check all the Settings.

Otherwise, you might need a replacement iD SIM card @Joe Barlow, which some forum members have found resolves problems activating iMessage and FaceTime, after porting to iD.

Thank you@andewhite this was so very helpful. I have been trying all week to sort out this exact issue on my iphone, during the infrequent short moments that i had time to address the issue; admittedly i hadn’t tried very hard. I followed your @andewhite instructions above to the letter; voila sorted !  Very grateful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @lornatao,

I’m glad to hear that @andewhite managed to get this resolved for you.

@andewhite hopefully this can help other users, thanks for sharing it.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?