Solved

No connection following port

• 20 August 2023
  • 55 replies

Userlevel 1

I had a rolling 1 month iD contract, and decided to get a new phone with a 24 month iD contract.

I thought I would be able to switch my existing number to the new contract but was told this wasn’t directly possible and I would have to port out and back in.

I ported out on my 1 month sim, closing down that account.  I then ported this number back to my new 24 month contract.  The port was “successful” in so far as my new iD account now shows my number in the profile, however since the port I am not able to make or receive calls/data/text.   The mobile connects to the network but all I get is 3G with no symbol to suggest data is being received…

I suspect this may be somehow linked to the port out and then back in, but its been 3 days and customer support have not yet been able to provide a resolution.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 24 August 2023, 17:07

View original

55 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I guess iD Mobile rely on most customers not taking their complaint to the Communications Ombudsman - I believe there’s a cost involved for iD if a complaint goes to the ombudsman.

Probably wise to cut your losses and run @Ro-me-ro - seems like iD don’t really care enough to put things right when they’ve gone wrong.

Userlevel 1

I guess iD Mobile rely on most customers not taking their complaint to the Communications Ombudsman - I believe there’s a cost involved for iD if a complaint goes to the ombudsman.

Probably wise to cut your losses and run @Ro-me-ro - seems like iD don’t really care enough to put things right when they’ve gone wrong.

One of the offers I got from them was to return the phone and get a refund of the up front cost I paid.. but no refund of the monthly line rental charges… I would have literally been worse off taking that offer!

In the end they have discounted my termination fee by just about a sufficient amount to cover the purchase of an alternative service for the same period of time I would have been contracted.   The resolution I wanted was for my service to work with a little GWG for the time spent, but if they can’t fix something as basic as this after 9+ weeks to be released from the contract at least gives me freedom again.

Thanks for your comments and advice along the way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ro-me-ro,

Sorry to hear that you didn’t get the resolution you were looking for.

However glad to hear that this is resolved.

If you do require any assistance in the future, you can get back to us via the Community.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Probably wise to cut your losses and run @Ro-me-ro - seems like iD don’t really care enough to put things right when they’ve gone wrong.

...and today my port from iD to vodafone completed.   2.5 months later I am finally able to receive a phone call again.  This experience will make me think twice before taking out a long term contract ever again...

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ro-me-ro,

Sorry to hear that it took soo long but glad to hear that you managed to get it sorted in the end.

If you do require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?