Question

Pixel 7 Pro upgrade - Phone trade in offer

• 25 October 2022
  • 65 replies

Userlevel 1

Good Evening,

Unfortunately this is another issue with the Trade-in promotion. I recently pre-ordered and upgraded to the Pixel 7 Pro. I then planned to trade in my existing phone a Samsung S20 5G. Other sites were offering around £200 for this, with ID Mobile/ Currys/ Carphone Warehouse Group only offering £160.

However as there was a special offer, when upgrading to the Pixel Pro 7, whereby if you trade in an exsisting phone you get an extra £150, I thought no brainer, I'll go with this trade in.

I sent my phone off in the provided packaging, however didn't receive any confirmation it had been received by Carphone Warehouse, luckily Royal Mail track and trace confirmed delivery. It states you should receive your money within 3-5 working days of reciept. It took me 7 days and that was with calling and trying to resolve the issue, as they hadn't confirmed reciept of my phone. I was passed from pillar to post and ended up being charged around £4 quid, in phone calls, on their helpline number for the privilege of trying to sort an issue of someone else's making.

At the time of writing this, I have still only received the £160, quoted for the trade in of my phone and not the extra money quoted in the trade in offer! I have sent emails regarding this to the trade in email address that is quoted, however I haven't had a reply, 36 hours later?

ID can you assist me with this painful process.

​​​

​​​​

65 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@BBowman123,

We are sorry for the issues you have had with the trade-in.

The promotional amount is usually processed within 5 days of you receiving the original amount.

When did you receive the handset funds? Have you been in touch with anyone regarding this?

If you still require assistance with this please get back to us and we can assist you further.

Kash

I too am experiencing difficulty with Carphone Warehouse trade ins! I upgraded on 17th October and received a quote for my pixel 5 to trade in worth £190. 15 days later, quote now expired, no envelope received to return phone still and phone value now reduced to £120 on Carphone Warehouse trade in calculator! Emailed Carphone Warehouse twice, contacted ID and called Carphone Warehouse as advised (to be charged for the convenience!), Contacted on social media channels and still no further forward. 

The trade in and the extra £150 promotion was one of the reasons I upgraded to the Pixel 7! Haven't a clue what my next option/route is to get this sorted!  

Userlevel 1

The trade in money was transferred to me on the 25th of Oct. So 5 days is over and still not had it.

Userlevel 1

I received the quoted trade in value for my phone today, so does that mean I should get the extra £150 by the 9th @Kash ?

@BBowman123 Have you received anything today as that would be 5 working days since you received your initial payment?

Userlevel 1

Nope, still nothing 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Nope, still nothing 

I guess you’re waiting for your additional £150, over and above the trade in offer/quote, for your Galaxy S20 5G handset.

Have you tried the trade in complaints department?

Userlevel 1

I have emailed etc, but am loathed to call again and be charged another £4-5 for the pleasure.

If I was a sinical person I'd say they make it difficult for a reason...🤔

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have emailed etc, but am loathed to call again and be charged another £4-5 for the pleasure.

If I was a cynical person I'd say they make it difficult for a reason...🤔

Okay @BBowman123 but, telephone numbers starting 03 are included in your iD call allowance?

Were you charged for calling 0370 111 6565 @BBowman123

I've had the same issue, pre ordered the 7 pro early October mainly because of this offer, received my initial trade in eventually (around 9 days after it had been received) but I'm still yet to receive the additional £150 Inc in the promotion. I've sent several emails and tried to get in touch but seem to get nowhere. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I've had the same issue, pre ordered the 7 pro early October mainly because of this offer, received my initial trade in eventually (around 9 days after it had been received) but I'm still yet to receive the additional £150 Inc in the promotion. I've sent several emails and tried to get in touch but seem to get nowhere. 

Have you tried calling the trade in complaints department on 0370 111 6565 @Dan Archer

Will try that, thankyou. Was told 2 days ago I would receive a call back within 24 hours.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Will try that, thankyou. Was told 2 days ago I would receive a call back within 24 hours.

Not once have iD Mobile called me back, after saying they would do so.

I think the only time they’ve called me was after making a complaint, which was passed to the CEO’s office for action - anyway, good luck @Dan Archer.

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I am in exactly the same situation here,waiting on the additional £150 trade in.

Has anyone managed to actually claim this,and if so how?

I had found it hard to believe that carphone warehouse/Currys could act like this,but it seems to be their standard practice on all new big phone launches sadly.

Any help appreciated.

Iain

Userlevel 1

Still nothing and no communication at all. This is now 12 days since my initial trade in amount was paid. That wasn't straight forward either and took 10 days to get paid, instead of the advertised 3 to 5 working days. If I had gone to a different trade in company I could have got 200 for my phone instead of the 160 I was given. What convinced me to go with ID was the initial 150, with my upgrade. I wish I hadn't gone with this offer as it would be less hassle than this 

This is absolutely shocking customer service. I will never go with an offer with this group of companies again! 

If there is a delay or backlog then I fully understand, however what is shocking is the complete lack of communication/customer support. It shouldn't be down to me to continually chase the company for something that allegedly was to be automatically applied. I was given a number to call, which cost me around £4 for the pleasure and still it is not resolved.

Friends who have also recently upgraded with different companies, (O2) were paid everything from a similar offer within days and didn't have to chase anything at all. 

Userlevel 1

Had any luck with this yet? I am in the same boat. Took the offer within the time limit and sent my phone off.

I received the initial payment which was 10 less than they quoted me due to the amount of time they took processing it (even this was after I had emailed 3 times to ask if they had received my phone and getting no communication back) but never got the extra 150 as per the deal.

I tried contacting Currys through Facebook and explained the problem and they said they would ring back within two days..... I'm still holding my breath. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Had any luck with this yet? I am in the same boat. Took the offer within the time limit and sent my phone off.

I received the initial payment which was 10 less than they quoted me due to the amount of time they took processing it (even this was after I had emailed 3 times to ask if they had received my phone and getting no communication back) but never got the extra 150 as per the deal.

I tried contacting Currys through Facebook and explained the problem and they said they would ring back within two days..... I'm still holding my breath. 

Have you tried calling the trade in complaints department on 0370 111 6565 @BirKy

Userlevel 1

Have you tried calling the trade in complaints department on 0370 111 6565 @BirKy

Thank you, this was the next step if I didn't get a call back today ☺️

Userlevel 1

I'm still waiting got told 7 working days ago it would be paid within 3-5 working days. Guess what...it wasn't!

Complained again, apparently it will be again within 3-5 working days.

How can such a large company be so rubbish. Trying to entice people in and then taking us for mugs!

Userlevel 1

It is shockingly bad, and just be Currys policy to do this and try and get people to abandon the extra money!

I for one am not doing that so I will call the complaints department tomorrow, and see what happens, next step for me will then be trading standards, if anyone else wants to follow that route it will probably make the case stronger, let me know?

Userlevel 1

I'm having the same issue. Was quoted £290 for my S21+ 5G. Sent off on the 26th October by recorded delivery, received 27th at the service centre. No confirmation of receipt from Curry's at all. 5 calls and 2 complaints later and still no further on. Any one else got any ideas on how to get this sorted because at the moment I'm £440 down on phone valuw and paid £200 to get out of my Vodafone contract!

Userlevel 1

After reviewing other threads on the community, it appears that @Mohammed has been very helpful and remedied this situation for other users. Mohammed please can you help myself and ty he other users on this thread?

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Having just called the 03701116565 number in the T&C's I've just been told it will actually take 14-28 business days to process the promotion amount.

This should definitely be made more clear in the offer text and T&C because it doesn't say this anywhere.

Userlevel 1

@Mohammed Could you assist with my issue and direct message me?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

@Mohammed Could you assist with my issue and direct message me?

FYI @Craig Ingram, the iD moderators are around 6-7 days behind real-time with their responses to posts here in the iD Community.

It might be quicker to call the 0370 111 6565 Currys dedicated support line for this promotion.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @andewhite, called them about 5 times and getting nowhere! Just keep getting fobbed off saying they've had a lot of trade ins so it'll be getting scanned shortly. They've had the handset for 13 days now, which is a joke.

Why iD Mobile?