Question

Pixel 7 Pro upgrade - Phone trade in offer

• 25 October 2022
  • 65 replies

Show first post

65 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks @andewhite, called them about 5 times and getting nowhere! Just keep getting fobbed off saying they've had a lot of trade ins so it'll be getting scanned shortly. They've had the handset for 13 days now, which is a joke.

Sorry to hear that @Craig Ingram.

FYI, @Matt6494 posted that Currys are taking 14-28 days to process these £150 claims, and I guess they mean from the date the claim was received. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks Craig/Matt

So I'm prepared to sit and wait if the money will arrive, really don't fancy sitting in a queue on there phone to receive no help at the end of the call!

When you say claim received, do your mean the phone being received?

Cheers

Userlevel 1

@Iainmic I still haven't received confirmation from Carphone Warehouse that they've received my handset yet. Not been paid the initial amount or the extra £150. We are now on day 14 since Royal Mail confirmed delivery.

Userlevel 1

@Iainmic the impression I was given when I called was 14-28 working days from the date you receive your initial trade-in payment. 

Userlevel 1

@Craig Ingram  when I was in the same situation as yourself I messaged TradeUpHelp@currys.co.uk

They were quick to respond and confirmed standard trade in amount in 2/3 days, and this did happen.

It's the lack of communication since then, and no responses to emails about the additional,£150 that is annoying now .

Maybe it's not deliberate policy, maybe they are just useless

Userlevel 1

Shock horror it is again 5 working days after they stated it would be 3-5 working days for my payment to be due and again nothing!

This is the 2nd time this was promised and I was assured the funds would be with me and again, nothing!

I will be telling everyone I know to stay away from this company and promotion. Horrendous customer service and clearly trying to make it difficult, so people don't claim or chase them for promotions that were offered, eligible and promised. 

Sort it out!!!

Userlevel 1

Day 15.

Called customer services, they advised that they have received my phone but cannot confirm when the initial amount will be paid nor can they email confirmation that my phone is recieved. Asked for a team leader to speak to me and had to book a slot for Monday... Told again to ring back in 3-5 days…

The service is an absolute joke.

Userlevel 1

Hi 

I am having the same problem too ,upgraded to Google Pixel 7 pro because of the trade in bonus , received my trade in value but still not hear from them about £150 trade in bonus. I have send emails and tried to get in touch but nothing yet .

@Mohammed could you please look into this and help us out.

Thanks.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi 

I am having the same problem too ,upgraded to Google Pixel 7 pro because of the trade in bonus , received my trade in value but still not hear from them about £150 trade in bonus. I have send emails and tried to get in touch but nothing yet .

Thanks.

Have you tried calling the trade in customer support number 0370 111 6565 @Yong

Userlevel 1

Hi 

Thanks.

Have you tried calling the trade in customer support number 0370 111 6565 @Yong

I haven't but thanks @andewhite  will give them a call tomorrow,but judging from other users experience I won't put much faith in it.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi 

Thanks.

I haven't but thanks @andewhite  will give them a call tomorrow,but judging from other users experience I won't put much faith in it.

Caveat emptor… 🤔

As a side note how is the signal using the pixel 7 pro? I have switched from using a s21 Ultra 5g on Three to Pixel 7 Pro on ID Mobile and am having loads of network and data drops. 

Userlevel 1

Hi 

Thanks.

I haven't but thanks @andewhite  will give them a call tomorrow,but judging from other users experience I won't put much faith in it.

Caveat emptor… 🤔

Gave them a call this morning, the operator can only send email to make enquiry about the process,it will take them 5-7 working days to respond to the email. Been told to call back to ask for update after 5-7 working days.

Userlevel 1

Hi all,I have now received the money due.

I emailed currys CEO here 

alexander.baldock@dixonscarphone.com

Calmly and rationally explained the situation, got a reply in a few hours, and the money in 3 working days.

It shouldn't have to work like this, but obviously with curry's it does! This saved me having to wait in phone queues and then talking to someone who doesn't have a clue what is going on.

I have fed back, that all they need to do is communicate and set expectations correctly, and it would save a lot of complaining and hassle!

Good luck!

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Iainmic. I'll try the same and see if I can get this resolved. 

Userlevel 1

Did you get the promotion amount too?

Userlevel 1

Yes Birky, I had already received the initial amount,this was the additional £150.

I hope you all complain to CEO,maybe if the numbers are high,it might actually get his attention.

Cheers

Userlevel 1

Nice one, gives me a little bit of confidence I might actually get the £150. 

Out of curiousity, what was in the email you sent? I will admit I'm not the best at complaining etc 

Exactly the same boat as many above. Pre-ordered for an enhanced £150 ontop of the £300 trade-in value for a pixel 6 pro (£450 total). A month down the line, I’ve only just received my box this morning after multiple calls and site visits… Essentially they can’t send a box out with you processing a second trade-in request, then they have to link your original order no. to the new one. 

I asked for confirmation that I would still receive the enhanced trade-in value and they said that they couldn’t promise that?!?! 

Is there anyway we can put together some joint claim against them, If I don’t get the money by next Thurs I’m going to refer to Ofcom. I’ll never use them again

Kind regards
Paul

Userlevel 1

Sent an email to the CEO today like Iainmic did to see if I can get any answers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Alysonwood

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there.

Thanks, Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Dan Archer 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there.

Thanks, Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @BirKy 

We’ll see you there.

Thanks, Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Craig Ingram 

We’ll see you there.

Thanks, Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Yong 

We’ll see you there.

Thanks, Tom

Why iD Mobile?