Question

Unable to activate iMessage or Facetime

I’ve seen this issue numerous times and followed guidance but nothing is working.
I’ve ported my number and all settings are correct but neither iMessage or FaceTime will activate and I just keep getting error messages. I’ve turned them off, I’ve turned the phone off, I’ve taken the sim out, I’ve signed out of my Apple ID. I’ve been through live chat 3 times and just get the same advice which doesn’t work. Nothing has got this to work. Never had a problem like this before. What is causing this issue?

56 replies

Userlevel 1

no it’s not resolved.  spent some time in live chat this morning and you are sending me a replacement sim to see if that will work!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ncl698,

Please let us know how you get on.

If you require further assistance after the new SIM is activated, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Received new sim.  To be sure (!) I removed old sim and reset network settings.  Then activated new sim on ID Mobile site using laptop.  Inserted new sim.  No service.  Then received text saying activation in progress and this can take up to an hour.  Later received text saying activation complete.    Now fully activated and can use ported number for iMessage and Facetime

At last!!

What a faff!!!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Received new sim.  To be sure (!) I removed old sim and reset network settings.  Then activated new sim on ID Mobile site using laptop.  Inserted new sim.  No service.  Then received text saying activation in progress and this can take up to an hour.  Later received text saying activation complete.    Now fully activated and can use ported number for iMessage and Facetime

At last!!

What a faff!!!

Wow… what a palaver @ncl698
It seems odd customers receive duff SIM cards. They’re supposed to be robust devices - perhaps iD are cutting some corners. 

Userlevel 1

Indeed!!

With hindsight I should have realised something was wrong as I didn’t get an activation text as I did with the second sim

Anyhow got there in the end!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ncl698 

Glad to hear you got there in the end with this.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?