Get the right Transaction number for the 'Switch to iD Mobile' form!

Userlevel 1

I got caught out when Switching my mobile number to iD from Plusnet, a process also known as Porting. On the switching form, don’t enter the Transaction number from your initial purchase. That one begins (in my case) CLC- and is followed by 9 digits. It won’t work for switching.

Instead, look in your Welcome email for a ‘Transaction number for switching’ that’s also of 9 digits but without a prefix. Mine begins with ‘4’ and I’m told this is usual. Put this into ‘Transaction number’ on the ‘Switch to iD Mobile’ form, along with the PAC Code and the relevant mobile numbers, etc, which all need to be exactly right.

I hope this helps someone.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Etruscan 

Welcome to iD Mobile! Thanks for the tip, this is a common one and hopefully we’ll have a solution to make things more clear soon.

Tom

I haven’t had the transaction code . 
So can’t switch . 
any ideas . Not had a welcome email . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Vanessa Povey 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

I had to go on Facebook messenger to doesn’t to someone and it was dealt with swiftly. 

Userlevel 1

Where can you find the “switch form”? I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find it! Could you please send me a link to the iD Mobile switch form as I want to port my exiting Plusnet mobile number over to iD Mobile. I have the transaction No, the PAC code and am jutst waiting for my iD Mobile SIM card to be delivered. Many thanks.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Where can you find the “switch form”? I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find it! Could you please send me a link to the iD Mobile switch form as I want to port my exiting Plusnet mobile number over to iD Mobile. I have the transaction No, the PAC code and am jutst waiting for my iD Mobile SIM card to be delivered. Many thanks.

The switching form is online at https://switching.idmobile.co.uk/

Good luck @Michael Valente

Userlevel 1

I’m afraid that link which you provided doesn’t work. Below is the message I received when I clicked on it.  Could you please check if it works for you. Many thanks.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’m afraid that link which you provided doesn’t work. Below is the message I received when I clicked on it.  Could you please check if it works for you. Many thanks.

DO NOT use https://switching.idmobile.co.uk from the same web browser you are using with the iD Community @Michael Valente.

Unfortunately there’s an issue (apparently known to iD Mobile) with cookies, which can result in a conflict when trying to access another iD website sub-domain while signed-in at https://community.idmobile.co.uk - go figure.

Userlevel 1

Hi Andewhite

thanks for that. Yes I’ve managed to get to that page now but there is still no link that I can see to get to the form you need to fill out. 

So I’m rather stumped as to how to progress my switch using the PAC that Plusnet have provided. Any thoughts?

Surely I’m not the only new customer who is finding this a somewhat difficult process?

Perhaps an improvement suggestion to flag to your process team?

By the way, I’m also a customer of Three (Drei) in Austria and their systems are first class. 

kind regards.

michael 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi@andewhite

thanks for that. Yes I’ve managed to get to that page now but there is still no link that I can see to get to the form you need to fill out. 

So I’m rather stumped as to how to progress my switch using the PAC that Plusnet have provided. Any thoughts?

kind regards.

michael 

Okay @Michael Valente, what happens when you click on “Yes, I’ve got it”?

Userlevel 1

Hi andewhite 

When you. Lick on it, it takes you to a bunch of questions but no form!

And that’s why I’m baffled. You would think there would be a form where you could input all the required data but there isn’t.

Alternatively, is there a telephone number you can call to provide the PAC, transaction number etc? 

Michael

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi@andewhite 

When you. Lick on it, it takes you to a bunch of questions but no form!

Alternatively, is there a telephone number you can call to provide the PAC, transaction number etc? 

Michael

Okay @Michael Valente, when I click on “Yes, I’ve got it”, I see the following input form: 

Just 5 questions, and you should be able to submit your PAC.

iD Mobile do not have a telephone support helpline - it’s 100% only for help & support.

Userlevel 1

That’s what I need. Can you send me the link to that specific page please? I’ll try it in the morning. Many thanks andewhite.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The link is in the screenshot of the online PAC form. 

Userlevel 1

i can only think that it’s a browser related issue. I can access the page  https://switching.idmobile.co.uk/customerPortIn on Safari on my iPhone and when I open it on my laptop in Google chrome it opens fine BUT I can’t open it in the Microsoft Edge browser. It’s just bizarre but please flag this issue up to your IT team as I’m surely not the only person encoutering this issue. Hopefully when I receive my new SIM then the submission and transfer of my old number to the new iD Mobile SIM will be smooth and swift. Thanks again andewhite for all your help.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sorry, I don’t work for iD @Michael Valente
Perhaps one of the iD team that read forum posts will relay the issue to the website team.

Other members have posted that sometimes ports from Plusnet to iD haven’t gone smoothly, but hopefully yours will be trouble free.

Userlevel 1

In any case, thank you for your help in navigating me to find the correct link. Am I correct in understanding that submit this form with your old SIM in your phone and then wait until it stops working at which point you replace it with the new iD Mobile SIM? Apologies for all the questions but this is a new experience for me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Michael Valente,

Welcome to the Community!

If you would like to be contactable on your old number you can keep using the old network SIM until the port completes.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?