Question

Number transferred to iD, still getting messages to my old device

• 5 September 2022
  • 17 replies

Hi 

I am transferring my number from EE to iDMobile. I obtained a PAC code from EE and submitted it to IDMobile. 

This morning, I received a text which said that my number had been transferred to iD. 

Now when I make calls and send texts from my new phone, it shows as the number which i wanted to transfer. However, when I call my existing number, incoming calls still go to the old EE phone/go to EE voicemail if I turn off the old EE phone. 

I have tried turning the new iD phone off and on again, but the issue remains. 

I have a Google Pixel 6 if relevant. 

Please advise. 

17 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @James G, who sent the SMS about the number being transferred to iD?

Is your old EE SIM still active? 

The EE sim still seems to be able to make and receive calls and texts. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @James G, your number has not been ported to iD yet.

When exactly did you give the EE PAC to iD Mobile?

I sent the PAC code to iD at around 18:50 on Thursday 1 September, following which I received a message from iD mobile at 18:53 on Thursday 1 September that my number would be transferred between 8am and 10pm on 5 September, i.e. today. 

Whilst I appreciate that we are not yet at 10pm on 5 September, I had assumed that the text I received from iD at 11:47 today saying “Good news! You’ve transferred your number to iD mobile” meant that my number had been successfully and fully transferred. 

Apologies if I have misinterpreted what I thought was a definitive message. 

Please could you advise when my number will in fact be fully and successfully transferred?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @James G, sorry don’t know as I’m not employed by, or linked to, iD Mobile.

If your EE SIM is still active, then despite what SMS (from iD?) stated, it sounds like your number port has not taken place, or has gone wrong.

The OFCOM rules state the gaining provider (i.e. iD Mobile) is 100% responsible for getting the number switched, from EE to iD in this case.

I’d recommend using facebook (using Messenger) or Twitter (by Direct Message), to contact the iD social media team for assistance.

FYI, any out-of-hours messages left on social media are picked-up when the social media team next start work.

Good luck @James G
🤞

I had understood that I was speaking with the iD mobile help team. Why should I have to go all through this again with the “Social Media Team”. Doesn’t sound like a help team to me. 

Also, re your first sentence of your last reply “(from ID?)”, you will see from my message above that that text did come from ID. 

Might I suggest that this is not the most convincing start in terms of customer support when I have switched to a new network? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I had understood that I was speaking with the iD mobile help team. Why should I have to go all through this again with the “Social Media Team”. Doesn’t sound like a help team to me. 

Also, re your first sentence of your last reply “(from ID?)”, you will see from my message above that that text did come from ID. 

Might I suggest that this is not the most convincing start in terms of customer support when I have switched to a new network? 

Yes @James G, I agree entirely.

The iD Community is primarily for iD customers to help one another, but iD staff read the forum posts from time-to-time. Nothing happens in real-time, in the iD Community.

If you’re happy to wait for an iD staff member to read your post, then hang on here for their reply. 

Otherwise, I’d recommend using cut-and-paste to put your community posts to the iD social media team on facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message).

FYI, any out-of-hours messages left on social media are picked-up when the social media team next start work.

Good luck @James G
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @James G 

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with your number port, have any Chat Features/iMessage services been switched off or de-registered on your previous device?

This could be causing messages that would be delivered via those services to continue being delivered via those services, I’d recommend checking the old device with the EE SIM inside to make sure these are de-registered or turned off.

I’d also recommend checking to see if the EE SIM still has signal or not, if the number port has gone over successfully the old SIM would have 0 signal and be disconnected.

Please get in contact via either the Live Chat or the methods @andewhite suggests so that we can look into it further!

Tom

I have the exact same issue.

Its beyond a joke and a terrible first impression. Should be the main thing a mobile service provider gets right. 

Even if the issue is fixed i am now worried if calls will suddenly stop working at some point in the future. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Its beyond a joke and a terrible first impression. Should be the main thing a mobile service provider gets right. 

Even if the issue is fixed i am now worried if calls will suddenly stop working at some point in the future. 

All you have done is rant. You haven’t actually provided us with any helpful information we can use to help resolve your issue.

1. Have you recently ported a number over to iD Mobile? If so, when was it supposed to be completed?
  2. Does your old SIM from your old network provider still work?
  3. What handset are you using (Android or iOS)?

All you have done is rant. You haven’t actually provided us with any helpful information we can use to help resolve your issue.

1. Have you recently ported a number over to iD Mobile? If so, when was it supposed to be completed?
  2. Does your old SIM from your old network provider still work?
  3. What handset are you using (Android or iOS)?

"All I have done is rant"

This is because this is a reply to someone else's problem reaffirming that they're not alone on this issue not a post by myself trying to get answers.

What a great community.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If, like the original poster, it is because of an incorrect configuration on the handset (Android - Chat Features / iOS - iMessages) then this isn’t the fault of the network. The first step is to identify if it’s down to a split port. If it is, then iD Mobile is the only one who can fix this. If it’s the former, then only you can fix this by modifying your handset settings.

If, like the original poster, it is because of an incorrect configuration on the handset (Android - Chat Features / iOS - iMessages) then this isn’t the fault of the network. The first step is to identify if it’s down to a split port. If it is, then iD Mobile is the only one who can fix this. If it’s the former, then only you can fix this by modifying your handset settings.

If you can help I will happily give any information that can help you help me.

I switched from EE to ID and set it to happen on the 30th.

My old sim does work, as I can call and receive calls from it.

My old phone was a Samsung S21 (EE SIM) and the new one is a Samsung S23 (ID Mobile).

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Thanks… If your EE SIM is still active, then either iD Mobile has not ported over the number as requested or you have a split port. Either way, only iD Mobile can put this right.

Quickest way to get this resolved would be to speak to a live chat agent. You can do that by clicking here. Or, drop iD Mobile a DM via one of their social media accounts.

Thanks… If your EE SIM is still active, then either iD Mobile has not ported over the number as requested or you have a split port. Either way, only iD Mobile can put this right.

Quickest way to get this resolved would be to speak to a live chat agent. You can do that by clicking here. Or, drop iD Mobile a DM via one of their social media accounts.

I chatted with the live chat and they we're very little help, I think it may have had something to do with the fact it was coming close to 8pm at the time which I believe may have had something to do with it... but ah don't mean to "rant" now.

I think my best bet is to go to my nearest curry's store and see if a member of staff can help. I'll cross my fingers that I don't get a similar response.

Thanks.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Another member posted about a failed port that was due to happen on the 30th, their thread is here. Reason given can be found here. I have no idea what the issue is but maybe you have the same account related issue? Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Leon Carlo 

We’ve responded about this to the post you’ve made.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?