Question

lied to me this morning

Given the date of 30th for old number to transfer to new phone after waking up this morning still with temporary number I got through to a customer service advisor who assured me I had to wait until 6pm when it will definitely be done. It has now past 6pm please please help!

22 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

When did you submit your port request?

Early on Friday 26th was told number switch day would be Tuesday 30th may. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Then yes, your number should have ported over yesterday. Have you spoken to live chat to find out why it hadn't ported over?

Been told a network service issue they need to resolve back of house but contacted my old network this morning and they have said everything is good to transfer there end and is solely id mobile responsible for failing to transfer my number on the date they gave me. Any idea how I can speed up this process I needed old number on new phone as of yesterday causing serious problems. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Your old network is correct, iD Mobile is responsible for the porting of your number and any issues that arise from said porting of your number.

As for speeding up the process, no, there is nothing you can do. Why are you using the new iD Mobile SIM? You are supposed to continue using the old network SIM until the port is complete.

Presumed I should put in new provided sim and that my old number would onto it ?

should I be putting my old sim with old provider in new phone or discard that sim as no longer using three as my network?

How will I know the port is complete if I’m not using the new sim?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You’re overthinking things…

You are supposed to continue using your old SIM that contains your old number until the port is complete. Once your number port has been completed, you simply place the new iD Mobile SIM in your handset. You will know when the port has been completed because your old SIM will stop working once the port has been completed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Katie Hawkesworth 

Has the old network’s SIM card gone off?

Have the Live Chat given a reason for the port not having happened on the selected date of 30/05/23?

Ports can take up to 10pm on the date selected/given.

Tom

The old network sim is still on. Reason they gave was network service issue which means only there back to house team can fix in up to 48 hours. However since nothing has changed 

Userlevel 1

I’m in the same situation - my number should have ported on 31st May from Plusnet (EE) but it seems both sims work! I’ve tried live chat but told all the agents are busy. Not sure where to go from here? @iD Mobile  please help!

Update - loads of texts coming through on the old sim including today at 10:00:

“Hi from EE, we are aware that your port set for today is still pending completion, we are on the case and are already chasing the relevant networks to ensure the port completes this evening up until 23.00hrs. EE MNP will track your port until completion.”

…..So I guess I’ll wait another day to see if things are fixed. @Katie Hawkesworth , which network is your old SIM on - maybe you’re in the same boat as me!

I'm on three I think they are worse! Hope yours gets sorted too I am still waiting for any communication that the port has transferred number. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Katie Hawkesworth 

Thanks for the info, we’d recommend keeping in contact with the team so that they can provide an update when they have one, if you’d like us to take a look and keep an eye on it please let us know so we can send a message and get in touch.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Osprey40 

I’m sorry to hear your port hasn’t happened on the selected date, given you’ve had that text from EE it sounds like it should complete today by 10pm, please let us know if the port hasn’t happened by that time so we can get in touch.

Tom

Hey Katie & Osprey, 

I'm in exactly the same boat! New phone received last week, number porting date was Tuesday, had text from EE saying it would happen by 11pm then nothing since. 

Tried iD chat which took ages to get through, who said it would be sorted by today ... Still nothing. Can't get through to chat again, says it's busy & try later.

So I'm guessing they're having major issues or a back log or such like, very frustrating! 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Tom , this morning it seems I can send and receive texts from my iD sim, but I can’t activate iMessage or FaceTime, and my Plusnet sim is still active (so I assume I’m still paying for it!)

Any ideas? Who can I chase up on this - is this a Plusnet, iD or Apple issue?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @Tom , this morning it seems I can send and receive texts from my iD sim, but I can’t activate iMessage or FaceTime, and my Plusnet sim is still active (so I assume I’m still paying for it!)

iMessage and FaceTime are 100% Apple services, and nothing to do with the mobile service provider. 

If you ported your number from Plusnet to iD (the gaining provider), OFCOM’s rules on mobile number porting state the gaining provider (iD) is 100% responsible for getting the port completed, and seeing that the Plusnet account is closed.

Good luck @Osprey40

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Tom , this morning it seems I can send and receive texts from my iD sim, but I can’t activate iMessage or FaceTime, and my Plusnet sim is still active (so I assume I’m still paying for it!)

iMessage and FaceTime are 100% Apple services, and nothing to do with the mobile service provider. 

True, but activation is done via a code being sent (behind the scenes) by Apple that contains a code. This code is used to validate ownership of the mobile number being linked to iMessages and FaceTime. If this text isn’t received for whatever reason, activation will fail. If the device still lists the temporary number, activation will fail.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

True, but activation is done via a code being sent (behind the scenes) by Apple that contains a code. This code is used to validate ownership of the mobile number being linked to iMessages and FaceTime. If this text isn’t received for whatever reason, activation will fail. If the device still lists the temporary number, activation will fail.

If the code is received by Apple by an SMS from the temporary number, do you know why the activation would fail @WelshPaul

Userlevel 1

I’ve started a new thread here - the switch clearly hasn’t completed properly because I can send texts and make calls from both sims! I’m fairly sure this is what’s messing up iMessage and FaceTime...

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve started a new thread here - the switch clearly hasn’t completed properly because I can send texts and make calls from both sims! I’m fairly sure this is what’s messing up iMessage and FaceTime...

Nothing happens quickly in the iD community @Osprey40

iD staff only read community posts once-a-day, sometimes less frequently, so it could be several days or longer before you make progress here.

For a quicker response, use live chat, Facebook Messenger, or Twitter DM (direct message). 
The support teams work until 8pm weekdays (and 6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Osprey40 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?