Sticky Tutorial

What to do if your new SIM isn’t working.

Show first post

447 replies

I have purchased a new phone with a new sim and the sim is not activating. I enter the sim into the new phone and it says “no service”. I have tried all of the recommendations and nothing is working. Please can someone respond quickly as this has been going on for 36 hours and it’s very frustrating. 
Thanks

Rachel 

Hello, i have received my phone and SIM card, but the SIM card isn’t working, I have tried it in multiple devices and it is still the same. My old SIM card did work in my new phone, but that has now been deactivated.

Hi @Cara McGranaghan,

Welcome to Community!

You may require a new SIM card which you can have delivered or collect from your local Curry’s store.

Please let us know if you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Hi Kash,

Please could I have a new one sent to me

Thanks 

Cara

Userlevel 1
  •  

I just joined ID an my SIM doesn't work. Tried all of the troubleshooting steps but nothing works. Help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Reaz m,

Welcome to the Community!

How can we help?

Kash

I have just purchased a new sim for a iPhone 6 plus. Its saying sim not supported. Spoken to apple who say the phone is unlocked. Just tried my sons id sim in an it works. But this one won't. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi all, if you’re having SIM activation issues, I’d recommend contacting the FacebookTwitter or Live Chat teams who should be able to assist further.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi

i can’t get my sim to work. It came on for about 20 seconds maybe then stopped working. I’ve tried your recommendations and tried it to different phones. An iPhone XR and an iPhone 15. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Carldownes 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Hi, my new SIM card does not work in my new phone or my old phone. It says not network on my old phone and just shows as 4 little squares at the top on my new phone and will not make calls. I have checked my area and it says I have very good coverage? Not sure what to do now?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Chloe Williams,

Does the one that won’t work in the handset work in any other handsets? 

If you haven’t tried yet, are you able to please and let us know either way?

Will

Hi,

I have got a new contract and the sim does not work. Previously with a different provider.  I have tried all of the above options however, my sim is still not working. My phone does not detect a sim. 

Help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.

I received a new sim card because i went for the deal £7 a month for 12gb data but it wont allow me to activate the new sim im currently on the 2gb £5 a month sim.

Userlevel 1

I got my new SIM and did the PAC code transfer 2 days ago but the new SIM still hasn't activated? I've tried all the suggestions. What do I do now?

I have a new pay monthly sim and have inserted into my phone but it says no sim. My number transfer (with pac) is due to take place on 3/5. Should my sim work now with the ID number until 3/5 when my old number comes over?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Stuart.grindle,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @anne09,

It sounds like it may be a handset issue.

Please can you check your phone/call settings on your handset.

It may also be worth resetting your network settings to see if that fixes things.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kevinhpb 

I’m sorry to hear this, what device are you using the SIM card inside?

Have you tried resetting your network settings with the SIM card inside?

For iPhone;

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

For Android;

Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

Resetting network settings will NOT reset any personal data (Photos, Videos, Contacts etc) only network settings.

Tom

Just moved my number from Three onto iD. Three disconnected my services on Monday and iD hasn’t activated it fully. I still can’t receive texts messages or send it. However I do have 4G and can call people but not text. All agents told me to restart my phone but I did that 5 times. Why can I not send messages or even activate my iMessage…

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @heilancoo,

We can look at sending out a replacement SIM or you can collect one from your local Curry’s store.

Please let us know how you wish to proceed.

Kash

I have received a SIM on 30 June 23. I gave you a pac code to change to my new number also. The SIM is not working and I have no service. I have tried the SIM in other phones and no service in them all. I know the phone works as i have tried other SIMs in it and it is working. I cannot get the ID app as you cannot send me a text with a verification number. Your live chat function is useless and just gives standard advice, i cannot get to speak to anyone. So far i have found as a new customer the info you provide and access to support is terrible. How do i get a new working SIM?

My new iD SIM card has arrived but appears to be damaged and does not register at all in my iPhone. I’ve tried the different things mentioned here but just get the ‘No Sim’ message on my phone. My previous Sim still works but is due to be disconnected today. Can I request a replacement?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @G Suvorovs 

Sorry to hear this, have you tried a network settings reset?

For iPhone;

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

For Android;

Resetting network settings will NOT reset any personal data (Photos, Videos, Contacts etc) only network settings.

Tom

Hi, I received my new iD sim card and was told, as a first time iD customer, it would be automatically activated when I put it in my phone. I had an email that said it would active on Monday 16th May between 10am-8pm. My new iD sim was not recognised by my phone - it said 'no SIM emergency calls only'. My phone is compatible with iD and is unlocked so shouldn't have been a problem. I tried all the trouble shooting options, including trying it in another unlocked, iD compatible phone. It still wasn't recognised. I have now had two days without phone access as my previous O2 sim has stopped working due to me changing my number over to my new iD sim. I am frustrated with iD and the lack of tech support or help line. Please can you help me resolve this issue ASAP.

Hi @G Suvorovs 

Sorry to hear this, have you tried a network settings reset?

For iPhone;

For Android;

Tom

I Have tried everything. Force resetting my iPhone 12 every 6hours, and then resetting my Network Settings. I have tried different SIMs including taking them out, waiting 30min then putting it in and Airplane Mode. Everything, including what customer service said to me. I can’t even switch to different provider now because I cannot text and receive a PAC code…

Why iD Mobile?