Sticky Tutorial

What to do if your new SIM isn’t working.

Show first post

447 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Are you all sorted now then @Hermione Moo, or do you require any further assistance?

Will

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @sarah_,

Have you checked to see whether or not the old SIM card is still working? Have you got 0 bars of signal at all times, or is it just weak?

Will

I've tried all this and still not working and doesn't work on my old I'd mobile phone eithet

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Adrian Nicholls 

Are you still getting this error?

Have you tried the iD Mobile SIM in another device to check? I saw in your screenshot (which was removed as it contained personal information) you also had an EE SIM card inserted, have you tried the iD Mobile SIM in the device without the EE SIM card?

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Karl Harvey,

Welcome to the Community!

Can I check that you have tested the SIM in a different handset?

If the SIM still doesn’t work you may need a new one which you can either obtain from a Curry’s store (free of charge) or we can get one sent out in the post.

Let us know here if you require further assistance.

Kash

No help center 

Me too, live chat sending a new sim (2-3 days) , or I could get one from Currys for £5. So I drove to Currys and the told me that this isn’t true and live chat is disgraceful. 
So I’m still waiting on my new sim. 
bad start to my ID mobile journey

I'm still waiting on a response from id

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Richard Holland 

Are you still having issues with your SIM card? Have you tried your SIM card in another device? Was the SIM working previously and now isn’t working or was it never working?

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Dean05510 

In your case it sounds like the first SIM may still be the activated one and the replacement one hasn’t been activated, have you tried to activate the SIM card on the iD Mobile app?

Have you managed to get through to us on Facebook? Let us know if you still require assistance here.

Tom

Just received the phone and sim card but when I install sim card shows no sim installed. It is an iPhone 13 mini and is a new SIM card not a replacement. It does not work in any other phone and my old sim works in my new phone so the SIM card is the issue. I have sent a PAC code to link my old number to my new sim but this sim is faulty so I need a new sim and for you to sort out the number transfer so I don’t lose my old phone number. 

I did exactly this! Now my old phone isn’t working without Wi-Fi and I have no working ID SIM card. They can send a new phone to my 16hrs after I bought it but a SIM card is 2-3 days

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @euanfriel 

Are you still having issues with your signal? Have you checked the Three Outage Checker here to see if there’s a reported outage in your area?

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @JSkelly33 

Although the device isn’t on our supported devices list I’d recommend giving the SIM card a quick go when you receive it to make sure, if you find it doesn’t work or want to return/cancel anyway I’d recommend checking out or page on this here.

Alternatively let us know if you need any assistance in cancelling and we can reach out to assist in cancelling.

Tom

I’ve received my new iPhone 12 and I’ve inserted my sim inside but it keeps saying no sim. I’ve tried all of the things listed but it still keeps reading as no sim.

Hi, my SIM card looks to be bent so when I put it in the phone it says no service, emergency calls only. I can’t register online as it needs to send an 8 digit code to the phone which it can’t. Please call me or email me 

Hi 

I’ve tried all the advice above and my SIM card still isn’t working. 
Best wishes

Cara

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Ryan, I was able to get customer services help.

Glad to hear that, thanks for letting us know.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ruby McGrath 

Are you still having issues with your SIM card?

I’d recommend contacting via the channels @andewhite has suggested or if you’d like we can get in contact here, please let us know!

Tom

Mine and my partners iD mobile sims stopped working yesterday, he’s on android and his is now working fine, I’m on iPhone and mine is still not making or accepting calls. I’ve put my sim into his phone and I was able to make a call, however when I put it back in my phone it isn’t working. I need to get this sorted as soon as possible as I’m expecting some very important calls, so any help is greatly appreciated.

My new SIM card doesn't seem to work. I've tried the various suggestions made and nothing helps. What do I do now?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @SharonG123 

I’m sorry to hear about your SIM card, we wouldn’t be able to call or email outbound for customer service, we can get in contact here on the community to assist further if you wish, or we can be contacted via the live chat.

If you wish for us to get in contact here, please let us know.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Cara McGranaghan,

Welcome to Community!

You may require a new SIM card which you can have delivered or collect from your local Curry’s store.

Please let us know if you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?