Sticky Tutorial

What to do if your new SIM isn’t working.

Show first post

449 replies

Hello, I don’t know if anyone can help with this, I’m totally baffled. I ordered a new sim for my dad to go in his Nokia 110 4g phone. However, it says sim not recognised. I tried the sim in my old iPhone 6s and it works fine and is activated. I’ve now tried my own ID sim in my dad’s Nokia and it also works fine! Any ideas before I order another sim for him?

thanks

It’s a brand new phone it come with the SIM card 

Hi,

Thanks for response 

I did a call to Carphone Warehouse and they told me to contact ID mobiles :)

So now I'm waiting in queue on live chat 

If you can help me from your end I would appreciated 

Ok so I been told that my sim card haven't been activated from ID site and I have to wait 48h to received email with activation 

Can you please check my account if this is a case 

Thank you

Got a new first sim for Id Mobile. I can phone out but can’t phone in as ‘number not recognised’. On the about phone section in android it says mobile number unknown. How do I get this resolved as without the number being recognised I can’t register the android app. Also ‘live chat’ doesn’t work. Thanks.

I’ve just received my sim and it’s not working on my new iPhone 13 pro max 

Your new iPhone might be the problem. 
Have you tried your just arrived iD SIM in another phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @James Buller,

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you need a replacement SIM card.

You can collect one from your local Curry’s store or we can get one sent.

Please let us know and we can PM you if required.

Kash

I’ve been sent a pm that I cannot read as I cannot log in, even though my registration was accepted and activated. Keeps coming up with something wrong with my information. This is so frustrating.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Ruby McGrath, unfortunately even new things sometimes don’t work properly.

Does the iD SIM work in another phone?

If your SIM works OK in another phone, you’re new iPhone might be faulty. 
If the new SIM doesn’t work in another phone, then you probably need to ask iD for a replacement SIM.

Good luck.

I have a new ID SIM card and it will not work, I have done all of the suggested actions and still no look. The phone it is in had an ID sim in it previously and I am in the same house and so it should work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @macieksee 

Sure, we can check this for you.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

That is not working. I would like to just cancel my new account this is ridiculous. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @EloiseW 

Please note in private messages we aren’t always active and can’t always respond quickly.

We’ll respond when possible.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @Rufus Grits-Pound 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @Lisa Herbert 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @Luke Malone & @Toby McIntyre 

We believe the issue you’ve both had is unrelated to anything on this thread.

We're very sorry for any disruption, we are aware of the issue/outage and we are currently working on this as a high priority. We hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience with us.

Tom

I just registered with id mobile and the middle of the sim card sent to me was damaged, when I examined it in detail, I realized that the chip part was broken. Really annoying

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @eke,

Sorry to hear that.

We can look at getting a replacement SIM card if you haven’t already had one sent out?

Please let us know if you still require this and we can message you to sort this. 

Mohammed

Hi, I managed to lose my phone along with its ID sim-card.  I’ve got a new sim-card and activated it, but it seems to be taking a lot longer than the one hour advertised to start working.  I just wanted to check I didn’t need to register my sim-card as lost or stolen first.  I’ve got it in a oneplus 5T which I have previously used with ID with no problems.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @EloiseW 

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

My number should have ported from 3 to yourselves today, I provided my PAC code and all the information you required but the switch does not seem to have worked.

My iPhone 13 is saying “NO SIM” I have tried other sims in my phone and they are seen and work in my phone, and I have tried the ID sim in other phones and they too show the “NO SIM” message, so I believe that there is an issue with the SIM that you have provided. 

Please advise how this can be resolved as until it is I am without a working mobile phone.

Many thanks Al

Ordered replacement sim for lost phone. I have since upgraded and activated sim but it still wont work.

Okay @Ruby McGrath, unfortunately even new things sometimes don’t work properly.

Does the iD SIM work in another phone?

If your SIM works OK in another phone, you’re new iPhone might be faulty. 
If the new SIM doesn’t work in another phone, then you probably need to ask iD for a replacement SIM.

Good luck.

Well I’ve just tried the new sim in the old phone and it still doesn’t work , even put the old sim back in the old phone and that works so it’s the sim that doesn’t work 

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @AlistairLang 

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

I have just signed up and the Sim I received won’t work in any phones we have tried, please can someone help ?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Well I’ve just tried the new sim in the old phone and it still doesn’t work , even put the old sim back in the old phone and that works so it’s the sim that doesn’t work 

Can you use the old SIM in the new iPhone 13 Pro Max?

If not, get a replacement SIM from iD - as per the “How do I get a replacement SIM card?” community FAQ article.

Why iD Mobile?