Sticky Tutorial

What to do if your new SIM isn’t working.

Show first post

449 replies

Sim is definitely not working I’ve followed everything  ID have told me to do but my is not seeing the sim. Apparently they’ve sent me a new one but I’ve had no confirmation at all. 

Hi, I ordered the iphone 12 today but im trying to activate my sim on my older iphone 8+ before the new phone arrives but it isn’t activated, I was wondering if I have to wait a while? I also cannot create an ID account because my number is not yet recognised as its not moved from my old provider yet

Hi,

I’ve just joined id and my new sim card is not working.  Have followed all the troubleshooting steps and the sim card is not even recognised,  Have tried to 2 different unlocked phones and both same.  Please help

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @peapod,

We would recommend waiting until your number port has been completed before registering if you have already requested the number port. Have you completed an upgrade or was this a brand new purchase?

Ryan

If you receive a new SIM card from us and it doesn’t seem to be working, we recommend you check a couple of important things first:

1. Check your coverage

Use our handy online coverage checker to find out the signal strength in your area. You can search by postcode - so you can check all the places you usually use your phone, like your home and work addresses. And you can view both 3G and 4G coverage.

Need more info on this? Read our ‘How to check coverage’ article.

2. Are you using a compatible handset?

If your handset isn’t approved/compatible with iD Mobile, your ability to use our services may be affected. Click here to view our list of approved and compatible handsets.

All the handsets we provide with an iD Mobile plan are compatible with our network, as you’d expect. So if you’ve got one of those you should be fine.

If you purchased a SIM only iD plan and are using an iD compatible handset you bought elsewhere with it, you should also be fine!

Tried the above and it’s still not working?

If you've tried the above and your SIM still doesn’t appear to be working, follow these troubleshooting steps.

• Put your phone into flight mode, leave it for 30 seconds, and then disable flight mode.
  • Check that the SIM card is inserted correctly.
  • Restart your device.
  • Turn off your device, remove your SIM, and clean it using a micro-fibre cloth. Then re-insert it and try again.
  • Try the SIM card in another 'iD compatible handset', and test the connection in a few locations to see if the SIM connects. If you don’t experience any issues with the other handset, your original phone may be at fault.

If none of the above works you can post a question below, and we'll help you out.

I have checked all these steps and my SIM card is showing no service at the top of my screen after it has been inserted what do I do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Vicki Lindley,

Is it a replacement SIM or a new SIM with an upgrade?

Kash

I've tried all of the above and my new SIM still isn't working in my new phone. It says there is no SIM inserted. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Carly Pullen,

Which handset are you currently using? Does the SIM work in a different handset?

Kash

@Carly Pullen,

Which handset are you currently using? Does the SIM work in a different handset?

Kash

Pixel 6. No the SIM does not work in a different handset. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi,

I recently upgraded my plan, but I am unable to receive or place any calls.

I have followed the advice detailed on your website, checked the sim, turned the phone on and off etc.  but nothing works, which suggests the sim is broken.

Please can you investigate?

Hey @Alyson Scott,

That’s odd.

Did you upgrade to SIM only or a new handset plan?

Can you send texts and use data with WiFi OFF?

@Freya binish,

Thanks for contacting us here. Have you purchased a new contract or have you been with us for some time?

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Carly Pullen,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @JS3001,

Have you tried the new SIM card in a different handset to see how it behaves?

Will

Userlevel 1

new sim not working in phone (pixel 8) i need to transfer my old number over from smarty mobile. (my old sim works in my new phone) My new ID sim is not being recognised when inserted into my phone or other phones.

I need to either get a new or talk someone. I can't even activate my account to ask the question because the new SIM won't receive a message for the activation code 

Hi

We have upgraded from our previous ID contract and have a new sim that we have activated. The old sim stopped working as soon as we upgraded (on Monday) and the new sim won’t work. We have now been 3 days without any service. 
We have tried all the suggestions above but to no avail.

Please assist as soon as possible as we are currently paying for a service we cannot use.

Thanks

Hi. I just got a new phone and SIM but when I turn my phone on I got this message - SIM 1 not provisioned.

I've tried all the options I can find but doesn't help.

What next,?

I’ve just received my sim and it’s not working on my new iPhone 13 pro max 

I ordered a new phone with 24 months contract last week (new customer) and  collected on saturday at Currys

I don't know if worker at Currys did something wrong but after insert sim card its showing No Service

He was struggling with finalizing sales so this might be reason  

I tried every step from guide but no luck 

Can you please help me to activate sim

Thank you   

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @macieksee,

It souds like the order may not have been closed down perhaps and this won’t have sent over the connection.

First port of call will be to visit the store but if you still have issues following, let me know and I will review further.

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @RB2112 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Tillycat,

Have you tried the new SIM card in a different handset to see how it behaves?

Will

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@LeedsOtley,

If you have a Dual SIM handset could you please insert the SIM in the other SIM slot?

Your SIM is already activated so it should connect to the network right away. Do you have a number port being processed?

Kash

If you receive a new SIM card from us and it doesn’t seem to be working, we recommend you check a couple of important things first:

1. Check your coverage

Use our handy online coverage checker to find out the signal strength in your area. You can search by postcode - so you can check all the places you usually use your phone, like your home and work addresses. And you can view both 3G and 4G coverage.

Need more info on this? Read our ‘How to check coverage’ article.

2. Are you using a compatible handset?

If your handset isn’t approved/compatible with iD Mobile, your ability to use our services may be affected. Click here to view our list of approved and compatible handsets.

All the handsets we provide with an iD Mobile plan are compatible with our network, as you’d expect. So if you’ve got one of those you should be fine.

If you purchased a SIM only iD plan and are using an iD compatible handset you bought elsewhere with it, you should also be fine!

Tried the above and it’s still not working?

If you've tried the above and your SIM still doesn’t appear to be working, follow these troubleshooting steps.

• Put your phone into flight mode, leave it for 30 seconds, and then disable flight mode.
  • Check that the SIM card is inserted correctly.
  • Restart your device.
  • Turn off your device, remove your SIM, and clean it using a micro-fibre cloth. Then re-insert it and try again.
  • Try the SIM card in another 'iD compatible handset', and test the connection in a few locations to see if the SIM connects. If you don’t experience any issues with the other handset, your original phone may be at fault.

If none of the above works you can post a question below, and we'll help you out.

My son sim cad stopped working two days ago and I have been trying to contact ID through the live chat since then with no response. I have tried all the suggested fixes on the website but cannot get the card to work.

Thanks for your reply Kash. It turned out the SIM wasn't activated so it's working now.

I have try to do all you suggested to do, but still not working!!!

Please can you help me out ???

Thsnk you

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve just received my sim and it’s not working on my new iPhone 13 pro max 

Your new iPhone might be the problem. 
Have you tried your just arrived iD SIM in another phone?

Why iD Mobile?