Sticky Tutorial

What to do if your new SIM isn’t working.

Show first post

449 replies

I purchased a sim only plan at the beginning of the month and have had no service since I received the sim a week later. My phone is unlocked (xiaomi mi 9t pro) but have tried it in various other phones including an S20 FE, Huawei P20 pro, Galaxy S7 and a Sony Xperia 10 and all say no service/emergency services only and I have no idea why.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@CraigC42,

What happens when you insert the SIM into the handset? Do you get any error messages?

Is it a brand new SIM that you have received as an upgrade or new contract?

Kash

Well I’ve just tried the new sim in the old phone and it still doesn’t work , even put the old sim back in the old phone and that works so it’s the sim that doesn’t work 

Can you use the old SIM in the new iPhone 13 Pro Max?

If not, get a replacement SIM from iD - as per the “How do I get a replacement SIM card?” community FAQ article.

it tells me to log in to my account but I can’t login because I can’t make an account because when  I put the new phone number in I can’t get a code because the number isn’t connected to any device since the sim doesn’t work 

I have recently upgraded my phone. I activated the new sim card and got a text on my old phone telling me that it has been activated but I still am not getting any service on the new phone. I have tried mulitple different ways such as:

putting the phone on airplane mode then turning off

the coverage checker says i have good service in my area 

turning the phone off and on 

removing the sim card

trying the sim in a different phone of which the result was the same 

No signal and no SIM detected in the phone setting menu. No error messages either

This was a brand new sim only contract that I set up

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Can you use the old SIM in the new iPhone 13 Pro Max?

If not, get a replacement SIM from iD - as per the “How do I get a replacement SIM card?” community FAQ article.

it tells me to log in to my account but I can’t login because I can’t make an account because when  I put the new phone number in I can’t get a code because the number isn’t connected to any device since the sim doesn’t work 

Okay @Ruby McGrath, the FAQ article says, “If you need a replacement SIM, chat to us and one of our Live Chat agents will arrange for a replacement SIM to be sent to you within 2-3 days. Alternatively, if you need a new SIM straight away, you can visit your nearest Carphone Warehouse and buy a replacement SIM for £5.

I recommend getting help from the iD social media team - contact them on facebook (using Messenger), or send them a DM (direct message) on Twitter.

Messages sent out-of-hours on facebook or Twitter are handled when the iD social media team next start work.

Hope you manage to get your replacement SIM ordered soon.

My SIMisnt working on my new phone, I’ve tried activating it using the PAC code but the SIM still isnt working on my new phone.

Who can I speak to please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@CraigC42,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

I have found a new ID Mobile SIM card that I received a few years ago.  I cannot remember why I requested another the SIM, perhaps they were free at the time. My current SIM is working fine. Can I the give this new SIM to a friend? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

My SIM isn't working on my new phone, I’ve tried activating it using the PAC code but the SIM still isn’t working on my new phone.

Who can I speak to please?

Okay @Cormac Ryan, have you tried speaking to customer support using one of the iD Mobile primary support channels?

• Online Live Chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat (via popup window in your browser).
  • By private message using Facebook Messenger.
  • By DM using X (formerly Twitter).

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @fargolini,

It sounds like the SIM may be faulty.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Thanks greesevan, all good now. I had to phone out, then use that phone to phone back in and answer it, it then activated the sim. Never had to do that before on other networks, and a heads up from IdMobile would have helped. I think a lot of phones are dropping out, I find that I am getting calls terminate unexpectedly mid conversation as well. Lets all hope it settles down.

Goodness me this is a nightmare. All I want is a new sim - we have an account but a new phone so need a nano sim. No idea how on Earth to get one. I’ve tried the bot thing but goes round and round getting nowhere!!  Any ideas??

Hi, new SIM card bought today. It will not connect to network. Tried all troubleshooting things on the page, tried in 2 handsets, Inc 1 on the compatible list. Phone seems to find signal, but when trying to call a number a voice says the phone cannot access this number. 

Hi, I received my new SIM card recently, but my phone doesn't recognise that a new SIM card has been put into the phone. I believe it did briefly one time, but then it hasn't since. I've cleaned it and done everything else recommended on here, but no joy. It appears I need another SIM card, unless you can suggest anything else. Thanks, Karl.

Just received the phone and sim card but when I install sim card shows no sim installed. It is an iPhone 13 mini and is a new SIM card not a replacement. It does not work in any other phone and my old sim works in my new phone so the SIM card is the issue. I have sent a PAC code to link my old number to my new sim but this sim is faulty so I need a new sim and for you to sort out the number transfer so I don’t lose my old phone number. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @bonobo,

Welcome to the Community!

I can see that it’s been a few days since your post.

Is the SIM now working as it can sometimes take a little longer to activate on some occasions.

If the SIM isn’t working, please get back to us here and we will PM you to help get it sorted.

Kash

Hiya- I put my old sim card in my new phone and tried to activate it online... however I'm not receiving the security code through the text or email... how do I receive the code so I can activate the sim??

Hi

I have a new SIM and it's not working.

The mobile I'm using is a Samsung A3 (2017)

When I try to make a call it says not registered on the network.

When I try to switch the data on it says insert SIM card to access network services.

Can you help me please

Many thanks

Martin

Deleted.

I have had an upgrade and the new sim arrived bent I’ve tried it in the phone and it won’t work. How do I get a new sim sent out?

Thank you. I’d not realised there was an actual person you could speak to as the “bot” kept taking me around in circles. 

Hi, just received my new sim contract from you, put the SIM card into the phone and it says no sim is detected, my previous SIM card from my previous provider detects fine. I have tried all the steps above and tried some of the methods Apple suggested and still doesn’t work.

Deleted.

Hi , I just received a new iPhone and sim. I’ve put the SIM card in and I’m getting a message “no sim” 

I’ve followed the tutorial and it’s like the sim isn’t working 

Why iD Mobile?