Solved

Can't Top up via website, app or any other ways.

• 13 November 2022
  • 31 replies

Userlevel 1

It's been a month since I’ve tried to top up credit on my iD mobile app and on the website, however I repeatedly receive the message “Oops, looks like something's gone wrong. Please try again.” whenever I try to enter my card details or even click the top up button. 

I have 0 credit left and need to urgently top up. Rubbish company & service. The automated 7777 customer service number provides no option to actually pay/top-up which would have solved app or website technical issues, as many other mobile network companies like O2 offer. 

Highly frustrating and drives customers away from iD mobile, please fix this issue urgently. 

icon

Best answer by Sijohn911 23 November 2022, 21:08

View original

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Annie608,

It may be related due to your Bank as Banks have now tightened security checks.

Try getting your Bank to add iD Mobile to your approved list of payments.

This should allow you to top-up and prevent the checks from flagging.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi, I have exactly the same problem! Despite adding ID Mobile to my bank’s list of approved payments, I still can’t top up! I’ve now had eight live chats, four telephone calls with the tech team and visited my local Currys store, reinstalled the app, reset my router, cleared cookies and cache and still the problem persists. I’d love to know how this can be resolved before my credit runs out and I have to switch providers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Sijohn911,

I can see that we have sent you a PM and hopefully we can get this resolved with our Technical Team.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I have also been trying to pay online for either a top-up or a bundle for my PAYG account for several weeks, but always get the error “Oops, looks like something’s gone wrong. Please try again.” I have seen that other users have had this problem, but no solution has been given. It happens repeatedly (i.e. after trying again several times), on both Firefox and Edge. It is not due to my bank as I pay by credit card and the error occurs before there is any opportunity to give card details. What is the solution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@AdrianH,

Sorry to hear this.

Could you please possibly give it ago on Chrome in incognito mode?

Kash

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the suggestion. I can’t get Chrome on the laptop but I tried it on an old tablet, both the old version (Chrome 71.0) and after reinstalling the current version (108.0). I tried both of these in both normal and incognito mode but always get the same error. I also tried Firefox and Edge in incognito mode but still with the same error, so that’s not the solution unfortunately.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @AdrianH,

From my knowledge, the issue is due to increased 3DS checks by banks which is causing this.

Have you tried speaking to your Bank to add iD Mobile onto an authorised/whitelisted/approved list?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hello. It cannot be due to my bank authorisation as I pay by credit card separately each time and the problem occurs before there is any opportunity to give card details. When I expect a screen to enter card details, I get the “Oops, looks like something’s gone wrong” error message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @AdrianH,

I’m not sure what else could be causing this.

@Nikhil P is this linked to the 3DS error or something else?

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @AdrianH,

Try making sure that the address detail in the account are up to date.

You’ll need to log into the app/account, update your address to make sure that it matches the same billing details as the one on the card you’re using for payment.

Then try again via the website.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thanks for that suggestion, but it didn’t work. I logged in and entered my correct address and saved it yesterday, but still got the “Oops” error message when I tried to buy top-up or a bundle, then or today. The same error message also comes up when I try to “Add a card”. In all cases the error comes up immediately, before there is any opportunity to enter card details (or a screen in which to enter them).

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks for trying that. 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

I will join the bandwagon of customers who can't top up. I get the same error as people describe. Tried everything. It won't even show the box to put your card details in. 

I have been transferred to payg I have no credit, I can’t top up!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Mikey G @Laura Jane Whitby,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you have updated your name and address in your account/app?

The address would need to match the one you are using to pay.

Let us know if you have already tried the above and we will assist further.

Kash

Hey Kash! 

Yes, I have just updated my details, to be absolutely sure, but I still get the "Sorry there' s been a problem... " message when trying to to up.

I tried with the old card and to add a new one, without success. 

Mikey

I managed to top up! 

Not via the app, unfortunately, but via iD website on my mobile. I've selected to add new card, even though my card was already added, and the form opened. 

Hope this works for others as well 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Mikey G,

Sorry if this wasn’t clarified. It will need to be via the website currently, as the app is due an update to implement this still so won’t allow top-ups currently.

For the time-being, the website should work once the details are updated :)

Glad to hear it’s working now.

Mohammed

I decided to leave ID as it was such a nightmare 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Sorry to hear that @Laura Jane Whitby 

Let us know if you need any help with cancelling.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I’m having the same error message and finding it impossible to top up.  For me it seems to makes no difference if its on the app or website, not to do with address or bank security as previously suggested because I too can’t even get as far as adding a card?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ags 

Are you still having issues?

We’ve had some recent maintenance with Pay As You Go accounts that should be cleared up now, please could you try again and if you’re having issues let us know what happens and where you get to?

Tom

I’m having the exact same issue - I’ve tried all the suggestions above, multiple browsers and it still won’t work.

Has anyone managed to fix the issue?

Userlevel 1

Hi Tom, nope still not able to top up.  I click top up now, then click the amount I want to top up, I get a message saying that I’ll be invited to add a new card on the next page  (I don’t actually have any cards saved at present). I get taken to a new screen and then a message that tells me to ‘please try again’.  Since having my Pay as You Go sim with ID I have never been able to top up and its left me wondering if ID mobile actually works, because this seems really odd to me,

Userlevel 1

@Barker522 I’m sorry to hear you’re having the same experience.  Nope have not been able to top up at all since joining ID mobile.

Why iD Mobile?