Solved

Can't Top up via website, app or any other ways.

• 13 November 2022
  • 31 replies

Userlevel 1

It's been a month since I’ve tried to top up credit on my iD mobile app and on the website, however I repeatedly receive the message “Oops, looks like something's gone wrong. Please try again.” whenever I try to enter my card details or even click the top up button. 

I have 0 credit left and need to urgently top up. Rubbish company & service. The automated 7777 customer service number provides no option to actually pay/top-up which would have solved app or website technical issues, as many other mobile network companies like O2 offer. 

Highly frustrating and drives customers away from iD mobile, please fix this issue urgently. 

icon

Best answer by Sijohn911 23 November 2022, 21:08

View original

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ags & @Alex Gmark 

Glad to hear you’ve got this sorted now, please let us know if you need anything else.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Try updating your profile with all your details (set up as anonymous by default). Worked for me. It doesn’t seem very logical that this should work but it did.

Literally just got it working like that!! Was coming back to post. Thanks buddy.

The trick was using the "address selector" function, instead of inputting it manually.

Userlevel 1

Try updating your profile with all your details (set up as anonymous by default). Worked for me. It doesn’t seem very logical that this should work but it did.

Userlevel 1

[deleted very angry message]

Refer 2 posts below for solution (you have to update your account address in app using the postcode address selector)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Ags  and @Barker522 

When you log into your iD account, make sure to update your details first with an address and name.

By default, the PAYG accounts are set up as Anonymous.

Banks have changed 3DS2 checks so now billing details are checked on top-ups so this will likely be the issue.

Once you’ve updated your details to match the billing details it should let you top up.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

@Tom please can you help?

Userlevel 1

@Barker522 I’m sorry to hear you’re having the same experience.  Nope have not been able to top up at all since joining ID mobile.

Userlevel 1

Hi Tom, nope still not able to top up.  I click top up now, then click the amount I want to top up, I get a message saying that I’ll be invited to add a new card on the next page  (I don’t actually have any cards saved at present). I get taken to a new screen and then a message that tells me to ‘please try again’.  Since having my Pay as You Go sim with ID I have never been able to top up and its left me wondering if ID mobile actually works, because this seems really odd to me,

I’m having the exact same issue - I’ve tried all the suggestions above, multiple browsers and it still won’t work.

Has anyone managed to fix the issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ags 

Are you still having issues?

We’ve had some recent maintenance with Pay As You Go accounts that should be cleared up now, please could you try again and if you’re having issues let us know what happens and where you get to?

Tom

Userlevel 1

I’m having the same error message and finding it impossible to top up.  For me it seems to makes no difference if its on the app or website, not to do with address or bank security as previously suggested because I too can’t even get as far as adding a card?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Sorry to hear that @Laura Jane Whitby 

Let us know if you need any help with cancelling.

Mohammed

I decided to leave ID as it was such a nightmare 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Mikey G,

Sorry if this wasn’t clarified. It will need to be via the website currently, as the app is due an update to implement this still so won’t allow top-ups currently.

For the time-being, the website should work once the details are updated :)

Glad to hear it’s working now.

Mohammed

I managed to top up! 

Not via the app, unfortunately, but via iD website on my mobile. I've selected to add new card, even though my card was already added, and the form opened. 

Hope this works for others as well 👍

Hey Kash! 

Yes, I have just updated my details, to be absolutely sure, but I still get the "Sorry there' s been a problem... " message when trying to to up.

I tried with the old card and to add a new one, without success. 

Mikey

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Mikey G @Laura Jane Whitby,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you have updated your name and address in your account/app?

The address would need to match the one you are using to pay.

Let us know if you have already tried the above and we will assist further.

Kash

I have been transferred to payg I have no credit, I can’t top up!! 

I will join the bandwagon of customers who can't top up. I get the same error as people describe. Tried everything. It won't even show the box to put your card details in. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks for trying that. 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thanks for that suggestion, but it didn’t work. I logged in and entered my correct address and saved it yesterday, but still got the “Oops” error message when I tried to buy top-up or a bundle, then or today. The same error message also comes up when I try to “Add a card”. In all cases the error comes up immediately, before there is any opportunity to enter card details (or a screen in which to enter them).

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @AdrianH,

Try making sure that the address detail in the account are up to date.

You’ll need to log into the app/account, update your address to make sure that it matches the same billing details as the one on the card you’re using for payment.

Then try again via the website.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @AdrianH,

I’m not sure what else could be causing this.

@Nikhil P is this linked to the 3DS error or something else?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hello. It cannot be due to my bank authorisation as I pay by credit card separately each time and the problem occurs before there is any opportunity to give card details. When I expect a screen to enter card details, I get the “Oops, looks like something’s gone wrong” error message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @AdrianH,

From my knowledge, the issue is due to increased 3DS checks by banks which is causing this.

Have you tried speaking to your Bank to add iD Mobile onto an authorised/whitelisted/approved list?

Mohammed