Solved

Can't Top up via website, app or any other ways.

• 13 November 2022
  • 31 replies

Userlevel 1

It's been a month since I’ve tried to top up credit on my iD mobile app and on the website, however I repeatedly receive the message “Oops, looks like something's gone wrong. Please try again.” whenever I try to enter my card details or even click the top up button. 

I have 0 credit left and need to urgently top up. Rubbish company & service. The automated 7777 customer service number provides no option to actually pay/top-up which would have solved app or website technical issues, as many other mobile network companies like O2 offer. 

Highly frustrating and drives customers away from iD mobile, please fix this issue urgently. 

icon

Best answer by Sijohn911 23 November 2022, 21:08

View original

31 replies

Userlevel 1

@Tom please can you help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Ags  and @Barker522 

When you log into your iD account, make sure to update your details first with an address and name.

By default, the PAYG accounts are set up as Anonymous.

Banks have changed 3DS2 checks so now billing details are checked on top-ups so this will likely be the issue.

Once you’ve updated your details to match the billing details it should let you top up.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

[deleted very angry message]

Refer 2 posts below for solution (you have to update your account address in app using the postcode address selector)

Userlevel 1

Try updating your profile with all your details (set up as anonymous by default). Worked for me. It doesn’t seem very logical that this should work but it did.

Userlevel 1

Try updating your profile with all your details (set up as anonymous by default). Worked for me. It doesn’t seem very logical that this should work but it did.

Literally just got it working like that!! Was coming back to post. Thanks buddy.

The trick was using the "address selector" function, instead of inputting it manually.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ags & @Alex Gmark 

Glad to hear you’ve got this sorted now, please let us know if you need anything else.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?