Solved

Is the top-up page working for you?

The top-up page isn’t currently working for me, neither from the iD Mobile App nor the My Account website.

After choosing an amount which I want to top up, on the app I get a blank page which is shortly filled with the Android message “Web page not available”, and on the browser website I am instantly redirected to the My dashboard page and get the message: “Oops, looks like something's gone wrong. Please try again.” On the phone I tried clearing the app’s cache and storage, which slightly changed the result - now it is a blank page with the message: “Sorry, there has been a problem processing this request.” On the PC I tried clearing the browser’s cache and using another browser, to no effect.

I have actually been trying since yesterday.
​It is even more frustrating as all my credit has just expired, leaving me unable to make calls, either due to an iD’s error or an inconsistency in the iD’s terms, what I am trying to have explained in another topic: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/pay-as-you-go-106/payg-top-up-expired-in-contrast-to-the-conditions-stated-50877.

UPDATE: The below solution works for a browser, but topping up is still broken in the iD Mobile app.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 27 January 2023, 16:44

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Kage, other forum members (@Dejan Dimitrov and @groovycarrot) solved this top-up issue by entering the address in the profile using the address search box and their post code, on the website.

By doing this, the address form is filled out differently from how they’d been entering it manually.

In addition, the card holder address for billing might also need to match the profile address for your iD account.

Good luck @Kage

I actually came across that topic right before I posted mine, and was wondering if it could be the issue. But in my profile I had no details at all, in spite of which I already used to successfully top up. Now, though, topping up started working - instantly - only after I completely filled up my details.

Thanks a lot, @andewhite.

However, the iD Mobile app is broken - topping up is still not working there, lol.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe iD Mobile have been changing things behind the scenes, in their systems used for customers to manage iD accounts online.

Who knows 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kage,

The team are looking into top-ups on the app and it should be resolved shortly.

You can still top-up via your account online but please let us know if you have any issues with that.

Kash

Still not topping up how do I change my bank details 

I am not able to top up I have charged my credit card every time I try it comes up with please try again 

I have been trying this for the last few days 

Is there a phone number I can go through 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I am not able to top up I have charged my credit card every time I try it comes up with please try again 

I have been trying this for the last few days 

Is there a phone number I can go through 

Have you checked all the address details in your “My iD Account” online exactly match your credit card’s billing address?

Any differences will cause a problem, as the UK financial authorities have tightened the rules for this for online purchasing.

Have you tried calling 7777 from the handset with your iD SIM card?

Good luck @Gary c

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Gary c 

Have you tried the above from @andewhite?

The address on our side will need to match exactly with the address you have with your bank.

Tom

Thanks for the information I have tried to change my new card details but it won't let me would it not be simpler to speak directly with someone to put this right is this another company that has limited staff and everything has to go through a computer 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Gary c 

What happens when you try to change to your new card details? Do you get an error? Does the same issue happen across multiple devices?

We don’t have a customer services mobile number, sorry.

Tom

The top up will not work as I said before this system you have will not allow me to change my payment or top up will you please send me a phone number so I can sort this out I take it you have a phone number 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Gary c. We’ll investigate the issue more closely for you. 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?