PAYG top-up expired in contrast to the conditions stated

• 26 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Yesterday my Pay As You Go credit suddenly dropped from £5-6 to 0.00. I couldn’t figure out the reason for that until I found out that it was exactly a year (365 days) after my last top-up. That said, I was regularly making chargeable calls, texts and using my data throughout that period. So, what happened is inconsistent with what iD Mobile says…

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/pay-as-you-go-106/how-long-does-a-top-up-last-33939#comments
Topic: "How long does a Top-up last?"
Answer: "Your Top-up will expire if you don't use your phone for 365 days."

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/top-ups-175/pay-as-you-go-top-ups-44961
F.A.Q. Topic: "Pay as you go top-ups"
Question: "How long does a top-up last?"
Answer: "Your top-up will expire if you don’t use your phone for 365 days. To prevent this from happening, you must make one chargeable call, text or use some of your mobile data sometime within those 365 days."

I sent a PM to the iD Mobile account here but they probably do not monitor it. Once I top up my phone, so that I can make calls again, I may call iD support about this matter, however, I don’t think that it'll make any sense because, if I remember well, their people speaking on the phone are ill-informed and unaware of their actual terms/conditions stated on the community website.

I wish iD Mobile employees will take a look at this thread.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Kage,

Which account did you PM?

Do you mean the official iD Mobile account @iD Mobile or do you mean via Social Media?

Top-ups as I’m aware should last and only expire as above, if no chargeable credit is used in that 1 year period.

Have you since had this resolved or did you want us to PM you here to look into this further?

We do look at threads on here but we’re not a Live Chat service so there is a delay in responses. We’ll always try to reply as quickly as we can.

Mohammed

Hi @Mohammed , thanks for your reply.

I only PMed the same account which is the author of all those Help articles under the Help Hub tab, that is @iD Mobile , but now I know for sure that its inbox is not monitored.

The issue is not resolved, so yes, would be nice if you could PM me for more details.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Elsewhere, for example in the PAYG the terms & conditions (see below), it states your SIM will be disconnected after after 120 days of inactivity, i.e you haven’t done something chargeable.

Seems odd, because you’ll be disconnected although in theory your top-up is still valid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Kage,

When did you last use the services with us?

Kash

@Kash In what sense? I am using my mobile data nearly every day, rarely send text messages, and sometimes make chargeable calls.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Kage,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?