Solved

sim card upgrade

• 28 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Got my new upgrade so it’s a replacement sim and the SIM card isn’t working it’s saying no sim I’m getting so annoyed about this a need it fixed ASAP 

icon

Best answer by Michelle 29 January 2021, 15:37

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Xgemmakerr 

If you’ve just received a replacement SIM, you’ll need to activate it before you can use it. 

You can activate your SIM here:  https://my.idmobile.co.uk/ja/web/cpw/sim-swap - once you’ve submitted your information, you SIM should be up and running in a couple of hours. 

When entering your SIM card number, be sure to double check that you’ve entered them correctly, there’s 14 numbers to enter, so I can get tricky.

Thanks,

Michelle 

My contract has finished and I have decided not to replace my phone but to get a sim only. unfortunately ive got one ordered from id mobile which I have decided not to go head with can I stop this going through?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @lizfish,

If I’m cortrect in understanding, you upgraded your contract to a SIM-only plan.

Did you upgrade to a 30-day plan or a 12-month SIM-only contract?

When did you do this upgrade?

Has your app updated to show the new plan?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I upgraded my SIM only plan as it was offered to me as an upgrade. 

It's all set up and working fine on the app. But now I've had a new SIM in the post? I don't need it. Do I have to use it? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Stardust 

We usually do send out another sim card when you upgrade. You can carry on using the old sim and dispose of the new one.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?