Question

Data Roaming not working in Spain

• 21 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Arrived in Spain today. Received the text message from Rate Advice saying I could roam free but even though it shows 4g or 3G on my iPhone 13, I’m still not able to get online. Reset all network settings but still nothing. Very frustrating!!!

just get a message saying could not activate mobile data network, as shown below. Any ideas?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Ceekay75,

Is Mobile Data turned on?

Have you also enabled “Data Roaming” in the phone settings? 

Both of these need to be on for data roaming to work.

Note, “Data Roaming” is a separate setting in your phone settings to that of “Roaming” which is found in the app/account.

The “Roaming” option in the app turns on the ability to roam.

The “Data Roaming” option in your phone settings allows your device to access mobile data when abroad.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for replying. Managed to get it working using the thread Here

Not sure why iD continue to sell iPhones without the option to edit the APN. 

Thanks

craig

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for replying. Managed to get it working using the thread Here

Not sure why iD continue to sell iPhones without the option to edit the APN. 

Thanks

craig

I suppose you could ask the same of Apple, because @Peroni93 bought their iPhone directly from Apple.

I’d guess it’s more likely to be a network operator issue (iD Mobile), because the option to edit your handset APN settings is available on other UK networks, e.g. SMARTY (also using the Three network), Vodafone, etcetera. 

If you asked Apple support about this, I suspect they’d tell you to speak to your carrier.

Userlevel 2

@andewhite is correct. Apple say take the issue up with your carrier. It seems the sim itself is capable of telling the phone whether to show APN settings or not. iD have definitely clicked a wrong setting for their business network settings. 

Smarty mobile is excellent by the way 🤣

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I guess that because there’s #LessMalarkey, #MoreSMARTY @Peroni93 🤣

Userlevel 2

Haha you know it!! 100gb for £12? Cmon you cant not! @andewhite i swear im not on the payroll

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Nice one @Peroni93 - is that £12/month deal in Crypto or Cash? 

Why iD Mobile?