Skip to main content
Solved

No roaming left after upgraded.

Hello, I’ve just upgrade from a sim only contract to a contract with a phone. As soon as I made the transition I received a message saying I’d used 100% of my data roaming. I contacted the customer service team, and they mentioned they saw I still had all my data roaming. I am very confused, I just wondered if anyone else has had this happen? If so, how was it resolved? 

20 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I have a similar problem my contract is for 100gb but shows only 20gb on the app,I'm guessing there's still problems with app

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @Lou251807,

As @swcq mentioned, we’re aware of an issue with the iD Mobile app displaying incorrect Data allowance. I’ve checked your account (and @swcq, but I believe he had flagged this previously) and shared with the relevant team to get it corrected.

You both have your correct contracted Data Allowance. This is purely a visual glitch.

Thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

That's fair enough thanks

Thank you.

I've  done exactly the same ( switched from sim only to contract) and got the same message.  Can't seem to open live chat to contact anyone about it @Matthew T 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Alison Ruth - can confirm you have your 500GB allowance. Thanks.

Thanks @Matthew T   Any idea when the app will be working properly so I can keep a check on usage? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

We’re currently working on a fix, I don’t have an estimated rollout date yet unfortunately. However, I think you’d be hard pressed to use 500GB in a month!

Thanks.

This has just happened to me, I have just upgraded and I recieved a message saying all my data has been used. The app is showing 106GB/50GB used? I upgraded from 36GB and have never been anywhere near the limit? 

A similar issue I changed from 5Gb to 30Gb plan whilst roaming. First txt said plan changed, immediately followed by another saying I had used 100% of 30Gb roaming, impossible in 30 seconds on 4G

Did you get this issue fixed? 

No. Seriously unimpressed with ID mobile, impossible to contact anyone via website, chat or phone. I won’t be with ID for long if this is the norm.

Thank goodness I've found this thread as I've just upgraded and got the same message. I should now have 50gb but it says I've maxed out my data at 30gb.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ian126 @Denny 58 @Kate Wiseman - A fix has been rolled out for this. Thanks.

Just happened to me on both accounts I upgraded used your 30gb data allowance funny when one phone as not been out of Uk 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Peter Verelst, thanks for sharing, when was the Plan Change done? Thanks.

Just had the same upgraded then txt to.say roaming has been used??

I’ve also received the same message after actioning an upgrade. I’m currently in France, but haven’t used anywhere near 30Gb since 1 August (and understand that France is currently limit free in any case).

I assume it is a glitch, but I’m wary of using too much data now in case I return to a massive bill!

Put a 0 cap on so your covered

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Wlunn @thesandrock - please disregard the SMS if you recently upgraded or changed your plan. Thanks.