Skip to main content
Solved

Singapore: how to activate roaming

• 8 July 2024
  • 6 replies

I am travelling to Singapore soon but the last time I was there (June), I was not able to use my phone unless it was connected to wifi. Roaming was ON. 

What are the steps for being able to make/receive calls and messages?

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Okay @lewisdean, if roaming was turned ON in your iD account and your bill cap is not £0, but is set high enough to cover the costs of calling and texting in Singapore, calls / texts should work.

When you arrive in Singapore you should get a roaming rates message from iD after connecting to their roaming partner’s network.

The iD roaming charges for Singapore are:

Roaming was enabled on my ID account and in my device settings and my bill cap was set to £20. 

However, I still did not connect to the local network provider 

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Roaming was enabled on my ID account and in my device settings and my bill cap was set to £20. 

However, I still did not connect to the local network provider 

Okay @lewisdean, in that case you might need to ask an iD adviser to check your iD account, and verify the roaming settings. Calls and texts should’ve working regardless, but roaming mobile data might not if the APN settings were incorrect on the handset with the iD SIM.

Forum members can’t access iD customers accounts, to protect their online privacy and security.

OK, thank you. How do I ask an ID adviser?

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

OK, thank you. How do I ask an ID adviser?

Try https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat, or send a PM with Facebook Messenger or X (formerly Twitter). 

The advisers work between 9am - 8pm on weekdays - the iD online chatbot works 24/7.

Good luck, @lewisdean.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey there @lewisdean, welcome to Community!

Were the live-chat able to help with your issue please?

Thanks,

Tyler