Skip to main content
Solved

Unable to receive celluar calls or texts in France

Hi,

Our son is in France on a school trip and has our ID mobile phone, we are unable to call or text him, when we call we are receiving a message that says “The number you have dialled cannot receive this call”.

Account settings are set up correctly, both with ticks in the international & roaming sections.

Please can someone advise ASAP

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

The iD account bill cap would need to be high enough to allow for International rate calls or texts from the UK to France, @Jacksmumma.

Calls / texts from the UK to France are out-of-plan use, and cost extra.

Userlevel 1

The iD account bill cap would need to be high enough to allow for International rate calls or texts from the UK to France, @Jacksmumma.

Calls / texts from the UK to France are out-of-plan use, and cost extra.

My son is France with our ID mobile and we are using 3 at home, he isn't making or sending calls on the ID account just recieving calls from us in the UK

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Perhaps your Three UK account/s don’t include international calls / texts, by default.

The handset in France might be turned off, or unable to pick-up a network signal.

Userlevel 1

Perhaps your Three UK account/s don’t include international calls / texts, by default.

The handset in France might be turned off, or unable to pick-up a network signal.

Thank you, I didn't realise that I need to check that, made the assumption that because both the phones are UK based that they would work as at home.  Will have a look, thank you

Userlevel 8
Badge +7

Hi @Jacksmumma,

Welcome to the Community!

I hope that this is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash