Skip to main content
Solved

Unable to receive celluar calls or texts in France

• 8 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi,

Our son is in France on a school trip and has our ID mobile phone, we are unable to call or text him, when we call we are receiving a message that says “The number you have dialled cannot receive this call”.

Account settings are set up correctly, both with ticks in the international & roaming sections.

Please can someone advise ASAP

The iD account bill cap would need to be high enough to allow for International rate calls or texts from the UK to France, @Jacksmumma.

Calls / texts from the UK to France are out-of-plan use, and cost extra.

The iD account bill cap would need to be high enough to allow for International rate calls or texts from the UK to France, @Jacksmumma.

Calls / texts from the UK to France are out-of-plan use, and cost extra.

My son is France with our ID mobile and we are using 3 at home, he isn't making or sending calls on the ID account just recieving calls from us in the UK

Perhaps your Three UK account/s don’t include international calls / texts, by default.

The handset in France might be turned off, or unable to pick-up a network signal.

Perhaps your Three UK account/s don’t include international calls / texts, by default.

The handset in France might be turned off, or unable to pick-up a network signal.

Thank you, I didn't realise that I need to check that, made the assumption that because both the phones are UK based that they would work as at home.  Will have a look, thank you

Hi @Jacksmumma,

Welcome to the Community!

I hope that this is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash