🚨 Resolved: Network issue and problems accessing the iD app.

• 12 February 2024
  • 72 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with using some network services.The iD Mobile app and coverage checking are also currently unavailable. 

We’re working with our network partner to get everything up and running as soon as possible, and we’ll post further updates on this thread as they become available.

We apologise for any inconvenience these issues may cause.

iD Mobile

Updates

**14/02/24**

• 3G services have now been fully restored. 

**13/02/24**

• 20:00: The team continue to work on restoring 3G voice calls for those still impacted. 
  • 15:15: Less than 1% of 3G voice calls still continue to be impacted. Teams continue to investigate.
  • 12:15: A very small amount of 3G voice calls still continue to be impacted. Teams continue to investigate.
  • 11:00: A small percentage of voice calls are still being impacted.
  • 10:00: The iD Mobile app is up and running.
  • 06:30: Issue has been resolved with Data Services. Impact still seen on a small percentage of voice call services which is under investigation.

**12/02/24**

• 21:30: Some 3G voice calls impacted and still under investigation.
  • 19:20: Some 3G voice calls are still being impacted and this is under investigation.
  • 17:30: Service has been restored for 4G voice, data services and the coverage checker. Some 3G voice calls is still being impacted. 
  • 14:00: Teams continue to investigate and mitigate impact as soon as possible.
  • 11:45: Support teams are engaged on a call to investigate.

72 replies

Userlevel 1

Our family are all on ID. Both daughters signals don't work but mine and wife's do... all in the same house in Glasgow. I think it's an account thing rather than signal issue! 

Hi Boab.

I had this issue with a SIM in the car WiFi system (3G). It wasn't working so I popped it into a different device (4G) and connected ok. Then worked ok in the Car.

I don't use Apple phones, but some family do, and sometimes phone used may make a difference.

As an id SIM user (in Android anyway under the advanced settings) I can see the 'APN' for Id mobile. As Id  use the Three network could it be possible that your daughter's use different phones or settings ('APN') compared to what you and your wife use. Maybe that is something the engineers should be looking at?

Either way I would power down all of them swap SIM cards and see if they reconnect, or try maybe a manual search and select eg 'O2' which won't allow connection then rescan and try choosing the Id network?

Thanks Motor. 

Just tried swapping sims from my Pixel 7 to Eldest D iPhone 13. My sim worked in her phone and hers didn't work in mine. Swapped back and my sim working, hers not. 

Must be an account issue! 

Userlevel 1

Our family are all on ID. Both daughters signals don't work but mine and wife's do... all in the same house in Glasgow. I think it's an account thing rather than signal issue! 

Hi Boab.

I had this issue with a SIM in the car WiFi system (3G). It wasn't working so I popped it into a different device (4G) and connected ok. Then worked ok in the Car.

I don't use Apple phones, but some family do, and sometimes phone used may make a difference.

As an id SIM user (in Android anyway under the advanced settings) I can see the 'APN' for Id mobile. As Id  use the Three network could it be possible that your daughter's use different phones or settings ('APN') compared to what you and your wife use. Maybe that is something the engineers should be looking at?

Either way I would power down all of them swap SIM cards and see if they reconnect, or try maybe a manual search and select eg 'O2' which won't allow connection then rescan and try choosing the Id network?

Thanks Moto 

Just swapped the sims there. My Pixel 7 and Eldest D iPhone 13. My sim worked in her phone, hers didn't work in mine. Swapped back mine worked hers didn't.

Really must be an account issue! 

Userlevel 1

Hi Boab.

Thanks Motor. 

Just tried swapping sims from my Pixel 7 to Eldest D iPhone 13. My sim worked in her phone and hers didn't work in mine. Swapped back and my sim working, hers not. 

Must be an account issue! 

Had tried to edit "Motor" but it had vanished! Rewrote it! 

Userlevel 1

No service =  breach of contract

No response/responsibility = lack of loyalty

No account access = cancelled direct debits

Userlevel 1

Hi Boab.

Thanks Moto 

Just swapped the sims there. My Pixel 7 and Eldest D iPhone 13. My sim worked in her phone, hers didn't work in mine. Swapped back mine worked hers didn't.

Account issue or could it be a device/SIM issue?

I am not familiar with Pixel (Android based) or much with iPhones . Are you saying your SIM works in Android phones but not in iPhones/apple ?

I had a look at my youngest phone (android and id mobile showing 4G+ signal I tried a speed check on Nperf got 48306 (have seen higher!!)).

Popped the same id SIM into an iPhone and tried signal test, wouldn't complete Nperf test .. on the iPhone it has timeout and 'ping' problems.

Userlevel 1

I've been trying to get in my app and via website all day, it's now 10pm I've restarted my phone and unistalled and reinstalled app and still not working. I joined recently and there was a problem with my SIM. I've received a new one and need to activate, I'm OK at home but going out I will have no access to data, can you advise what I can do, so far my experience with you hasn't been great. Thank you

Userlevel 1

This is happening all the time. The network is completely unreliable. The whole family are with id and all struggling with network issues on a regular basis. Luckily my contract is up today and I can no longer justify paying for a service I'm not getting. 

Userlevel 1

Hi Boab.

Thanks Moto 

Account issue or could it be a device/SIM issue?

I am not familiar with Pixel (Android based) or much with iPhones . Are you saying your SIM works in Android phones but not in iPhones/apple ?

I had a look at my youngest phone (android and id mobile showing 4G+ signal I tried a speed check on Nperf got 48306 (have seen higher!!)).

Popped the same id SIM into an iPhone and tried signal test, wouldn't complete Nperf test .. on the iPhone it has timeout and 'ping' problems.

My sim worked in both phones, daughters worked in neither. 

Userlevel 1

Tues 13th 8.58 - I cannot connect to the ID network, third day of issues and left unable to make calls or use data. Why are the updates so unhelpful and unclear. You are communicating directly with your disgruntled customers - you should be apologising and ensuring we are kept as up to date as possible with clear messaging that reflects the truth. Overall, I could have forgiven the lack of network, that's out of your hands, but customer service is not and I will be moving networks asap and ensuring I never recommend ID to anyone. 

Userlevel 4

Tues 13th 8.58 - I cannot connect to the ID network, third day of issues and left unable to make calls or use data. Why are the updates so unhelpful and unclear. You are communicating directly with your disgruntled customers - you should be apologising and ensuring we are kept as up to date as possible with clear messaging that reflects the truth. Overall, I could have forgiven the lack of network, that's out of your hands, but customer service is not and I will be moving networks asap and ensuring I never recommend ID to anyone. 

Yes it's very frustrating but it's out of IDMobile to a degree. 

Network 3 (Three) has some Network issues which are still ongoing. While some customer's  have full service some have limited services there are still many without service.

Have a read of this post https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2024/02/three-uk-suffers-third-major-mobile-outage-in-four-days.html

Userlevel 1

NO NETWORK, Still no network coverage in york, this is the 3rd day running now with hardly any network working, I need my service due to work, it would be extremely helpful with better updates. 

13/02 06:30: Issue has been resolved with Data Services. Impact still seen on a small percentage of voice call services which is under investigation.

The issue hasn’t been resolved, I am still unable to use my internet data since Friday (the first I noticed it).
This is getting absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!​​​​​​​

Userlevel 1

Also most mobile networks are having issues too. I saw this on downdetector. Id mobile isn't listed but 3 network is 

iD peggy back off 3 mobile, so if 3 is down iD will be down too. 

Also most mobile networks are having issues too. I saw this on downdetector. Id mobile isn't listed but 3 network is 

I'm on Id and my wife and daughter are on Smarty. Both use the Three network yet I'm the only one that lost phone and data? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I'm on Id and my wife and daughter are on Smarty. Both use the Three network yet I'm the only one that lost phone and data? 

Whether a customer, using the Three UK mobile network (directly or via an MVNO), was affected during these recent network incidents, seems to have been a bit of a lottery.

Userlevel 1

Whether a customer, using the Three UK mobile network (directly or via an MVNO), was affected during these recent network incidents, seems to have been a bit of a lottery.

It seems to fail when the device (phone, tablet, router, etc) disconnects from the network for some reason (airplane mode, rebooting, going to a place with bad/no signal, etc). When the device tries to join the network again, it fails.

If the phone is always connected, then it continues to work well.

It seems to fail when the device (phone, tablet, router, etc) disconnects from the network for some reason (airplane mode, rebooting, going to a place with bad/no signal, etc). When the device tries to join the network again, it fails.

If the phone is always connected, then it continues to work well.

Mine just went off and reconnected 19 hours later. I didn't turn my phone off or put it in airplane mode and never went to an area with a bad signal. My wife's smarty sim never went off at all. Neither did my daughters phone 30 miles away? As for the I'd app that been up and down like a you know what 😁

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The network issues didn’t impact all customers, just some. It was a lottery! I’m on SMARTY and so is my son, I experienced no issues but my son had no service.

FYI - Vodafone had network issues today. 

Data not working yet again 🤬🤬🤬

Userlevel 1

I had no issues accessing the app yesterday, but I do now! I am getting ‘try again later’ error every time I try to log in

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Everyone.

We have had a recent outage that we apologise for, we believe services are back up and running, it may be worth rebooting your device to test.

Tom

Still not working still saying emergency calls only and can't get on my data been a week now and there no-one to speak about the problem 

Why iD Mobile?