We've launched a new iD Mobile app!

• 17 March 2024
  • 59 replies
We've launched a new iD Mobile app!

Show first post

59 replies

How are you meant to get the new app? When it is still showing the old version on the play store? 

You say that there is a new app and to download it from the play store. But it's clearly showing the old app so how are you supposed to get the new app then? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Jeez,

Thanks for your feedback and taking the time to post.

Yes, unfortunately we fixed part of the issue but there is still some errors appearing on the dashboard and plans screen for unlimited customers. We hope it’s fixed on Monday, or at least, very early next week. It’s our top priority bug for the dev team to resolve as we start to ramp up the number of users getting the new apps.

This particular issue affects customers on unlimited plans that have never done a plan change. Interestingly, customers that change from a standard plan to unlimited display fine with no errors.

Cheers!

Kieran

Userlevel 2

The first page, the home page seems to be working now. But the plan page still gives me no details and still has the “oops…something went wrong” with the Try Again button. I press that and the same thing, oops….

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Jeez, we’re sorry your experience with the new app hasn’t met expectations.

I assume you’re currently on an unlimited plan? If so, we’re aware of the issue and hopefully should have a fix live in the next few days. If you’re not on unlimited, please send me a private message with your phone number and I can investigate further?

We’ve purposefully only pushed the app to less than 1% of customers so far. This is so we can quickly get feedback from people (like yourself) and fix problems before rolling it out to a wider audience.

Please be assured that your issues should only be temporary. This app version is just the start, and we have lots of great updates to come in future.

Thanks,

Kieran

Userlevel 2

Seems as though your upgrade adverts are far more important to you than actually given your customers the information they need. At the top of every section is your upgrade recommendations. I’m hardly likely to upgrade to anything your company offers if you can’t even get a “new improved” app to work properly. Drop all the upgrade advertisements and concentrate on giving customers what they want in an app to do with their phone contract. Have an upgraded section by all means, but force feeding this rubbish over and above the important info about your mobile phone contract is just infuriating. 0/10

Userlevel 2

The classic uninstall/reinstall gambit. I’ve just tried, absolutely no difference. Still “Oops … something went wrong” with the try again button underneath. Can I go back to the old app, as that actually worked?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jeez,

Welcome to the Community!

We are sorry to hear about the experience with the new app.

Please can you try and uninstall and reinstall the app?

If you have the same issue we can PM you to escalate this.

Kash

Userlevel 2

Well no improvement from the last app, if anything it’s worse. I can’t access my plans, all I get I your advertising. I suppose that’s important right?!! All I get is “ oops, something went wrong” with a try again button underneath. Press that and guess what??!! Yep “oops, something went wrong” with a try again button. Jesus, don’t you guys test an app before releasing it??! If I was as incompetent as you lot seem to be, at my job, I’d be sacked. So now I’ve no idea when my plan runs to, nor tells me anything about what my plan includes. A complete and utter joke.

Why iD Mobile?