• 17 March 2024
  • 59 replies
We've launched a new iD Mobile app!

Show first post

59 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Ashbluiz,

If it’s not available in the store for you today, it’ll be there late Monday morning. We’ve been doing a phased rollout to a small % of customers to find and fix any issues before it goes out to everyone. The customers who get the app early aren’t chosen by us. That’s done by Google.

Hope this helps!

Kieran

Supposed to pay my bill today, I can't because of this new stupid app. 

Registered using my previous email on my other account, trying to add my phone number and it won't even load past that screen, it did once and then it never sent my pass code. Absolutely ridiculous and now I can't pay my phone bill! Shocking.

Userlevel 1

So now I cant login to the web interface, the new app doesn’t work and you cant register as it never sends a passcode via text, so you have no control of your own account. Time for my PAC, hopefully that still works.

Userlevel 1

Looks like some fixes this morning, managed to roll back my Android app to version 5.2 and working again, just turned auto-updates off so it doesn't update to the new one again.

I don’t understand why we have to have two accounts with the new app, one for the app and one for the web, why don’t my credentials get recognised from my web account?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Jeez,

Thanks for your feedback and taking the time to post.

Yes, unfortunately we fixed part of the issue but there is still some errors appearing on the dashboard and plans screen for unlimited customers. We hope it’s fixed on Monday, or at least, very early next week. It’s our top priority bug for the dev team to resolve as we start to ramp up the number of users getting the new apps.

This particular issue affects customers on unlimited plans that have never done a plan change. Interestingly, customers that change from a standard plan to unlimited display fine with no errors.

Cheers!

Kieran

Hi. I have multiple SIM cards with id Mobile.

My big concern would be that with this app on multiple users phones (i.e family children or if using for staff) that the person responsible for paying the account/bills is unable to prevent the users from upgrading their packages.

I don't have the new app on my phone. ( Google must not like me). 

My son and daughter had new phones which installed Android 14 ( mine is still Android 11). Maybe that was one of the Google Play Store Selection criteria? 

On my daughter's phone I installed the id mobile app so she could track her data and usage.  It was a shocker!!!! 

She could "Click here to upgrade to 12 months on **GB for £*" ...one click by a user and then I was contracted to id....   I removed access immediately before I was signed up to some contract.

I pay the bill. I want her,my daughter ,to have access to the App. But I don't want her signing me up to new contract (limited or unlimited !)

And I want to see the NEW app on my phone before it goes on the phones of the SIM cards I currently pay for.

I think there may be a few more weeks yet before the new APP is rolled out.

Thank you

I can’t register on the app.  I've deinstall/reinstalled! When I put in the one time passcode emailed it says its wrong. I need to set up in the app ASAP.  help!

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @mikemod , @Glenharris81@Sarah Morgan , @UnhappyCustomer96 ,

I’m very sorry about the issues you had with the one-time password. Unfortunately, we had a system issue on Monday, which meant these codes were not sent as expected. Could you please try again using the app? The new website will now launch early next week, so only the apps have been updated to the new version so far. 

Customers also need to re-register, as we’ve completely overhauled our identity management solution. Re-registering may be frustrating (particularly if the OTP wasn’t coming through), but it will enhance security and allow for great new features like managing multiple plans with a single login. It should only take a couple of minutes to get set up. 

This is just the start of our complete rebuild, and we’ve got many great features in the pipeline to come. 

Apologies again!

Thanks,

Kieran

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

The first page, the home page seems to be working now. But the plan page still gives me no details and still has the “oops…something went wrong” with the Try Again button. I press that and the same thing, oops….

Hi @Jeez ,

Is this now working for you? Some updates have been released this week, which should’ve solved the issue.

Thanks,

Kieran

Userlevel 1

@KieranC Just updated to new app on Android and registration was successful, thanks

The only issue I have is when I try to enable “Biometrics for login” I get “Oops...something went wrong.

Why iD Mobile?