New Year, New You: 5 tips to make the most of 2023

New Year, New You: 5 tips to make the most of 2023

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

457 replies

Userlevel 1

I don’t normally make new years resolutions, but I am making one this year: I’m going to focus on improving my mental health and actively look for help and support

It’s a bit of an unusual one but I’d like to write more, as in keeping a journal or blog, and I’d like to be honest in it. Perhaps I’d share what I write and maybe it would be interesting or useful to someone else.

Userlevel 1

Get back to walking 10K a day (after I recover which has been an excuse for the last couple of weeks)

Userlevel 1

I want to get organized and set goals for each day. I  need more time away from my screen and eat more healthy. 

Userlevel 1

Mine is to spend less time ‘doom-scrolling’ on social media, you can spend half of your life doing nothing on the internet, and I rather be doing something more worthwhile! 

Userlevel 1

I’m not making any firm resolutions but I do have a long “to-do” list that I’m determined to get through this year so that will involve firstly getting more organised. 

Userlevel 1

i celebrate my new year in the spring so just plodding on till then trying keep going

Userlevel 1

My New Years resolutions is to be slim and sporty, not fat and forty.

Userlevel 1

My New Year’s resolution is to not make any more New Year Resolutions as I never seem to be able to sstick to them

Userlevel 1

My New Years resolutions is to get back into swimming

Userlevel 1

My New Years resolution is to stop with the excuses and see my family and friends more!

Userlevel 1

My new year resolution is to not work so hard. I run my own small business and I’ve reduced opening hours and that’s made a bit difference already. Still as much work but over fewer days. Perhaps I’ll have time to do some exercise now! 

Userlevel 1

My resolution is to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I had an ectopic pregnancy last year resulting in me losing one of my tubes, we're hoping to fall pregnant this year so I want to make sure my body is healthy so hopefully make this easier! 

Userlevel 1

To travel more and work less. My health has taken a knock and it's made me realise that there's so much out there to see. 

Userlevel 1

My new years resolution it to get better at keeping in touch with my friends and family  regularly  ,and not put off making  contact as the days then weeks pass by .

Userlevel 1

Simple one this year. Appreciate the time I get with my parents, to do more things together for lasting memories for me and for my daughter's with there grandparents. 

Userlevel 1

2022 was a stressful year with housing and financial issues but now they have resolved My new years resolution is to try and do more with my children, go to the park, walks, just get outside and have fun with them as time goes so quickly!

Userlevel 1

I am resolving to improve my lifestyle by building 20 minutes of activity into my daily schedule. Over the 7 day week my plan includes - yoga, cycling, walking, swimming, gardening and playing golf. I’ll vary the routine week by week to keep it fun. 

I hope this improves my physical and mental wellbeing.

Good luck to everyone in your 2023 resolutions

Steve

Userlevel 1

My resolution is to extend the work we do to help older people in our local communities to become (or remain) active, have fun and make friends. We will also look to extend our work with charities. 

Userlevel 1

I am planning to sort out a lot of the clutter in the house this year - a box or cupboard a week should do it

Userlevel 1

This year I will mostly try and conquer my online shopping habit...TBC

Userlevel 1

To get marathon-ready..  I’ve let my fitness slide over the Christmas period.  Time to get the Lycra on!

Userlevel 1

Go walking daily in and around our local forest’s with our little disabled dog. 

Userlevel 1

I would like to say something profound and meaningful but the answer is gin !

Userlevel 1

This year I am going to learn Spanish. More than just Duolingo Spanish. There are some better apps and books to help. Doing this not to be the worst Spanish speaker in the house. Happy New Year / Feliz Año Nuevo.

Why iD Mobile?