Blog

Our Christmas deals have landed! - Competition

Our Christmas deals have landed! - Competition

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

224 replies

Userlevel 1

The greatest Christmas gift ever was my red & yellow Raleigh Burner BMX, it was my first bike and I absolutely loved it! 

Userlevel 1

It was a Sega Mega Drive when i was a kid. I have such great memories of playing with my dad and brother over the holidays and beyond.

Userlevel 1

One of the best gifts I ever had was from the kids. It was so simple, but meant so much.

I was stressed out preparing the Christmas dinner, the kids offered to help prepare the veg. They took the veg, and came back with this…  They said it would make Dad much happier…. it did. 

Userlevel 1

The greatest gift I received was when I was a kid and really wanted the new Wii console. That particular year they were all sold out. I was told I wouldn’t be getting one, but my mum strolled in woolworths and one was sitting on the shelf and she bought it. I guess the same would be the case for PS5s this year!

Userlevel 1

My husband and I met online, after both emerging from the long tunnel of bereavement. He announced he was going to marry me the second time we met, but he still had teenagers at home so we had to wait, him on the Isle of Wight, me in Dorset, a two hour journey. I knew we wouldn't be able to spend Christmas together, but he was coming to see me a few days after The Big Day. A few days before Christmas he texted me to see if my present had arrived. I hadn't received anything so he told me to see if a parcel had been left on the step. I opened the door and he was there! I cried many happy tears. No present will ever top that!

Userlevel 1

I found out I was pregnant on Christmas Eve - the best Christmas gift ever😀

Userlevel 1

The best gift i ever received was a Spectrum 48k when i was younger, i wasnt expecting it and for the first time i had something cool at the right time rather than a few years later. 

Userlevel 1

My best present ever was my sewing machine & I didn’t even know I wanted one! I have loved watching the Great British Sewing Bee on TV for years, but never thought I would be able to sew anything myself. I am disabled so I have struggled for hobbies that I can take part in without too much pain, so when my husband surprised me with my own sewing machine, I was nervous, but it turned out I loved it. I can actually make wearable clothes & I enjoy doing it!

The greatest gift I ever received was a family holiday to Corfu. It was from my mum and it was our first holiday as a family with our eldest

My best ever present was the Ghostbusters Fire Station, which I had wanted all year, after loving the Real Ghostbusters cartoon on TV. After loving the toy for months and going through countless tubs of slime, I fell in love with it all over again on seeing the original film and getting add-on toys for later birthdays. I passed on all of these toys to my son when he turned three and he loves them every bit as much as I did.

Userlevel 1

A few years ago my partner took me diving with sharks. It was incredible!

Userlevel 1

That would be when I was still at primary school and I had been longing for a pair of roller boots to replace the metal strap on scates I had. They were blue and yellow with a yellow end stop on each boot. I loved them so much I wore them as much as I could - I remember I wore them to school one day and forgot to take proper shoes with me so ahd to wear my PE plimsolls all day. I must have been so fit back then!!

Let me take you back to the 1960,s when on Christmas morning  I thought I had only got a small tin of Quality Street, an orange &  an apple in my stocking. (Apple not as we know it now high tech!)  To my delight Mum appeared with a parcel that I opened to discover a transistor radio.  It was bigger than two house bricks but belted out my favourites, The Beatles, Rolling Stones & Beach Boys so I was really happy & managed to carry it around with me.  I know Mum saved vèry hard  to get it which made it extra special xx

The greatest gift I received was when I was a kid and really wanted a bike. It lasted me for 7 yrs even tho i grew out of it, It was the only bike i ever had from new. I did my paper round and hung out with my friends i loved that bike

As a child, I was given a wee runt piglet by a neighbouring farmer. He went for walks with the dogs and rolled over to have his belly rubbed. I loved him to bits. Sadly I came home from school one day to find he had ended up in the freezer. I will still not eat pork.

I add a train set for Christmas, but no transformer, so when I plug ed in to the mains, there was smoke and the train melted the track, no moor train set.

I feel like the best gifts I have received are very small, inexpensive things, but items that I know that the person has put a lot of thought into, or make me realise that they really listen to what I say and remember them. Things like small plushies my partner has bought me that I have mentioned in passing when in stores and then forgotten about myself, or things that I mention in conversation that I would like and then people take notice of them, and surprise me with them. Those are always my favourite kinds of gifts! 

An engagement ring from my now husband 10 years ago - a lovely surprise!

When I was five my parents gave me a pink gameboy colour. It was the first time I had received anything if it’s kind. It came with the Pokémon yellow aswell, Pokémon was my favourite thing at the time. I still remember it and still have the gameboy over 20 years later (sitting somewhere packed safely away) 

Tricky. Different presents at different ages always have their own unique "greatness" and memories. But the most long-lived memory must either be the OO Hornby trainset, which my dad had set up on a large board in the attic, or the 6ft snooker table, also in the attic, which my brother and I spent hours and hours playing. 

My best Christmas gift was a Sega when I was a child it made me so happy

Userlevel 2

A pinball machine! My dad did some work for a family running an arcade and he took part payment with a full sized pinball machine. I thought i was the pinball wizard from the film ‘Tommy’. It took up half my bedroom and I loved it.

The best gift I had was a bike when I was little because it was so unexpected. It was a Raleigh Chopper. 

Userlevel 1

My greatest gift was my first digital camera as a teenager, as I loved taking photos. A digital camera meant that I had the freedom to take more photos and delete! 

For me it was a new computer as my then current PC was a 5th tier hand me down running Windows 98 SE. Running Windows 7 let me catch up and play new games etc. 

Why iD Mobile?