World Laughter Day

World Laughter Day
Userlevel 8
Badge +3

World Laughter Day is an annual event celebrated on the first Sunday of May. The day is dedicated to promoting laughter as a universal language of peace and understanding. Laughter has been scientifically proven to have numerous health benefits, both physically and mentally. It reduces stress, boosts the immune system, and improves mood. In addition, laughter is a great tool for bringing people together and breaking down barriers between different cultures and societies.

The history of World Laughter Day

The idea of World Laughter Day was first proposed by Dr. Madan Kataria, founder of the Laughter Yoga movement. Laughter Yoga is a unique concept that combines yoga breathing techniques with intentional laughter to create a joyful and uplifting experience. The first World Laughter Day was celebrated in 1998 in Mumbai, India, and since then, it has become a global phenomenon.

On World Laughter Day, people come together in public spaces to laugh, play games, and have fun. The day is celebrated in over 100 countries around the world, with events ranging from small gatherings to large-scale festivals. The goal is to spread the message of laughter and its positive impact on society.

Apps that’ll make you laugh and promote mindfulness

There are also many apps that promote laughter and positivity. Here are two apps that you can use to celebrate World Laughter Day and promote a healthy mind:

Laugh My App Off (LMAO) 

Laugh My App off (LMAO) is the new way of getting your “HAHA’s and LOL’s” on the go! It’s been scientifically proven that laughter is the best medicine and with Laugh My App Off, it is guaranteed to give you the best quips and jests all day long.

iOS - Android

Smiling Mind

This app is a mindfulness and meditation app that is designed to help you reduce stress and improve your mental wellbeing. It offers a range of guided meditations, mindfulness exercises, and relaxation techniques. The app also includes a laughter exercise that you can use to boost your mood and promote positivity. Smiling Mind is available for free on both Android and iOS.

iOS - Android

Giveaway Time! 

This month we want our Community members to come together and make each other laugh! So, we’re asking you to post your best ‘Dad Jokes’ or favorite meme below, and we’ll randomly select a winner.

They can be as funny or cringe as you want!

When posting your joke or meme, please be mindful of other members. Any jokes deemed to be offensive will be removed and members may be banned from using the Community in the future. 

Simply write your response below and click reply. 

Entries close at 23:59 on 31st May 2023, and we'll announce the lucky iD community winner shortly after.

139 replies

Userlevel 2

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To get his old age pension.

Do you get it?

no of course you don’t. you’re not old enough yet. 

Userlevel 1

What do you call a boomerang that won't come back?

A stick. Ha! Ha!Ha!

I just got a new job making plastic Draculas.

There are only two of us on the production line, so I have to make every second Count.

Q. Why did the chicken cross the playground?

A. To get to the other slide 

Userlevel 1

Two elephants walk off a cliff.

Boom Boom.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Skeleton goes into a pub  the landlord says what can I get you ! Skeleton says a pint and a mop please 

Why did the bicycle fall over

because it got too tired!!

Userlevel 1

A bloke starts his new job as a zoo keeper and is given three tasks:-

The first is to clear the exotic fish pool of weeds. As he does this a huge fish jumps out and bites him. To show the others who's boss he beats it to death with a spade. Realising his employer won't be best pleased, he disposes of the fish by feeding it to the lions, as everyone knows that lions will eat anything.

Moving on to the second job of clearing out the chimp house, he is attacked by the chimps that pelt him with coconuts. He swipes at two chimps with a spade, killing them both.

What can he do? Feed them to the lions, he says to himself, because lions eat anything. So he hurls the corpses into the lion enclosure.

He moves on to the last job, which is to collect honey from the South American bees. As soon as he starts, he is attacked by the bees. He grabs his spade and smashes the bees to a pulp. By now he knows what to do and throws them in to the lion enclosure.

Later that day, a new lion arrives at the zoo. He wanders up to a lioness and asks "What's the food like around here?"

The lioness replies "Absolutely brilliant. Today we had fish and chimps with mushy bees!"

Knock knock 

who’s there?

BOO!

Boo Who?

don’t cry it’s only a joke! 

Why should you knock on the fridge door before you open it?

…Because there might be a salad dressing!

Userlevel 1

" why did the chicken cross the road?" 

" To get to the other side 🐔"

How does Bob Marley like his donuts?    Wi’jammin

How do Bob Marley friends like their donuts? They like Jammin too

Userlevel 1

Badminton orGlastonbury!?

Userlevel 2
Badge

What do you call a deer with no eyes?

No eyedeer 🤦‍♂️

Userlevel 1

Did you hear about the cheese factory that exploded?

There was de-Brie everywhere! 🧀 

Userlevel 1

my mate won a holiday in the Bahamas and his wife didn't want to go!!!

She did go though and I asked him, 

did Jamaica go or was ot her choice lol. 

Userlevel 1

What did the old  telephone say to to the new one ?????

You're too young to be engaged!!!!!!!!

😆 🤣 😂 

Userlevel 1

What would you rather be or a wasp?

Userlevel 1

Lad comes running into to his dad saying “ dad there’s a man at the door with a bald head!” dad says “ tell him to go away son, I've already got one!”

Userlevel 1

I attempted to try and catch some fog the other day but you'll never guess what happened - I mist! 😜😜

Userlevel 1

Yesterday I got in the car to drive to work, but when I turned the key it wouldn’t start. Confused, I opened the bonnet to try and see what was wrong. 

As I lifted the bonnet to my surprise, there was a Bat hanging from the bonnet struts. I was even more startled when he began to speak, “what a handsome man you are” he said, “you have lovely hair”. 

Then I realised, it was a bat flattery.

What do you call a fish wearing a bowtie?Sofishticated 🎀

Why iD Mobile?